Retirement Extension Today Jomtien - Very Smooth

Went for my renewal of my retirement extension at Chonburi immigration in Pattaya.  Though the line to get a number was way out the door, my number at counter 8 had only 3 people ahead of me.  The agent was very organized and easy to deal with.  He said, he would ask for what documents he wanted in the order he wanted them. 

He asked for the following

TM7 with passport then asked for TM7 to be signed. I gave him copy of each passport page.  He only wanted three pages, copy of passport information, copy of Non-O Visa and copy of original extension. 
Banking statement and letter showing 65,000 THB per month, despite Bangkok bank book showing some transfers as combined and not foreign, he did not care.  He asked for proof of fund transfer.  I gave him 12, he said only need proof of one. 
Wanted proof of residence so copy of fiance house book along with a map

He had me sign each of those.  I brought scanned copies that were printed.  He said those were not acceptable but he reached over the counter took the passport and house book and made the copies he wanted. 

No copy made of TM6, or of last 90 day check in. 

In and out in less than 30 minutes, pick up passport tomorrow.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

How do they find out?

Was it color print?

Khunbenq,

No you can tell when someone puts a page in a copier it outlines the entire flatbed.  With a scan only the document being scanned is outlined and often the edges are not perfect.  I don't know what difference it makes since both are representations of the documentation but they must think that perhaps a scan can be altered? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

Thanks for this update so no tm30 thats good news but needed a hand drawn map? Of the area you like or from your place to the Imm office in Jomtien ? I do not have a yellow book so guessing a copy of My Deed of ownership will be ok?

Did mine December at Jomtien. Not asked for TM30 but have one a few years old in my passport. Used yellow book for proof of residence. Gave proof of income coming from a pension but not sure that I needed it. Not asked for a map.

@Thomas J Were you asked to prove that your income comes from a pension?

17 hours ago, Thomas J said:

No you can tell when someone puts a page in a copier it outlines the entire flatbed.  With a scan only the document being scanned is outlined and often the edges are not perfect.  I don't know what difference it makes since both are representations of the documentation but they must think that perhaps a scan can be altered? 

If using a scanner/printer and print them out that might be true.

If using a computer with the scanner you would get a preview of it before of it was printed or saved. You could then make adjustments if needed to get better position on it or settings to make it look better.

I have lots of scans saved I and cannot see how anybody could tell the difference between a copy or printout of them.

17 hours ago, seeyoujimmy said:

What proof of fund transfer did you give him.

seeyoujimmy, I use Transferwise.  You can go to your Transferwise account and print the details of each transfer which shows the USD in my case, the conversion to THB and then shows the bank and account number. 

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If using a scanner/printer and print them out that might be true.

If using a computer with the scanner you would get a preview of it before of it was printed or saved. You could then make adjustments if needed to get better position on it or settings to make it look better.

I have lots of scans saved I and cannot see how anybody could tell the difference between a copy or printout of them.

ubonjoe

I used my iphone with notes app to scan.  You can then adjust the corners so that only the document you are scanning shows.  Perhaps if I put the document on a large white piece of paper and then scanned it would look more like it was taken in a copier by next year, I will just go and have the pages needed copied. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jesimps said:

Providing you have the correct docs, that's as it should be each and every time. Wish I had the spare cash laying around to go back to the retirement route instead of the infernal marriage extension.

I have been able to resist using the marriage route, thankfully. 

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Were you asked to prove that your income comes from a pension?

DannyCarlton

He took the map but did not ask for it.  He took my fiances house book and copied it.  Though I had my bank statements from the USA and my social security pages showing proof of a pension, they did not ask for it.  Here again, I have no idea why they require it to be a foreign transfer nor for that matter from a pension.  If you show having 65,000 thb entering your account each month why would they care where it come from.  Isn't the point you have sufficient funds to maintain a life here in Thailand? 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

DannyCarlton

He took the map but did not ask for it.  He took my fiances house book and copied it.  Though I had my bank statements from the USA and my social security pages showing proof of a pension, they did not ask for it.  Here again, I have no idea why they require it to be a foreign transfer nor for that matter from a pension.  If you show having 65,000 thb entering your account each month why would they care where it come from.  Isn't the point you have sufficient funds to maintain a life here in Thailand? 

There have been reports on TV that Jomtien require proof that the money comes from a pension. I handed over 3 months worth of bank statements from my UK bank showing monthly entries from my private pension but the guy didn't really seem interested in that.

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

There have been reports on TV that Jomtien require proof that the money comes from a pension. I handed over 3 months worth of bank statements from my UK bank showing monthly entries from my private pension but the guy didn't really seem interested in that.

DannyCarlton

Yes, I was prepared having both my social security letter, statement, plus bank statements showing the social security deposit each month but he did not ask for any proof.  I really wish that the immigration bureau would clear the matter up by definitively posting exactly what was required, how many copies and any other conditions such as they need to be copies versus printed scans.  It would seem to make life far easier for both them and us. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

DannyCarlton

Yes, I was prepared having both my social security letter, statement, plus bank statements showing the social security deposit each month but he did not ask for any proof.  I really wish that the immigration bureau would clear the matter up by definitively posting exactly what was required, how many copies and any other conditions such as they need to be copies versus printed scans.  It would seem to make life far easier for both them and us. 

There are a checklist at Jomtien Immigration stating what documents you need when extending a stay. Even better, go to PCEC's website (Pattaya City Expats Club). They have updated checklists for extensions based on retirement.

There are actually no difference between a scanned document and a copied document.

Scan,printout and sign at the bottom in blue ink. Immigration don't like a scanned already signed document in black and white.

If you have a 3-in-one printer/scanner at home,that's the same as a copy machine. Try to avoid a low quality scanner with low resolution. About what kind of documents needed as proof of source when using the 65k monthly method depends on where you come from. The documents Immigration kept that's normally what they want. Just remember it when extending your stay next year.

But they usually want a copy of the TM6-card. Maybe he just forgot. 

17 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

There are a checklist at Jomtien Immigration stating what documents you need when extending a stay. Even better, go to PCEC's website (Pattaya City Expats Club). They have updated checklists for extensions based on retirement.

Don't see a specific checklist for extensions using 65k baht monthly method on PCECs website. Not seen an equivalent checklist at Jomtien Immigration either.

33 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Don't see a specific checklist for extensions using 65k baht monthly method on PCECs website. Not seen an equivalent checklist at Jomtien Immigration either.

At immigration you can get the checklist at the front desk.

How can you not find the checklist on PCEC's website? You start with the menu to the left: Visa & Immigration, then click on "Long Stay Extension" at the bottom to download the pdf-file. In that file there are downloadable info about every type of Non-O Visa extensions, like this one:

retirementvisachecklist-65k-income.pdf

Edited by Max69xl

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

This is directly off the Chonburi website, The second is the list from Pattaya City Expats.  As mentioned, he never wanted the TM6, nor evidence that I had 90 day report and never asked for proof of my pension. So again some inconsistency. 

Chonburi Immigration Requirements.JPG

Expatriats.JPG

18 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

This is directly off the Chonburi website, The second is the list from Pattaya City Expats.  As mentioned, he never wanted the TM6, nor evidence that I had 90 day report and never asked for proof of my pension. So again some inconsistency. 

Expatriats.JPG

First is very vague about how to prove the 65k baht/ month for 12 months. second doesn't mention it at all. I believe both are pre new requirements.

Edited by DannyCarlton

6 hours ago, Thomas J said:

seeyoujimmy, I use Transferwise.  You can go to your Transferwise account and print the details of each transfer which shows the USD in my case, the conversion to THB and then shows the bank and account number. 

That's the Transferwise website rather than the app? i can't see any option in the app to get a doc of the details of transfer

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The list here is a lot longer than the one you posted.

https://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/ExtendingStay.pdf

A couple of interesting points in the link. 1) For combo method a minimum of 400k to be kept in the bank all year. 2) if embassy no longer issues income certificates monthly transfer must be minimum of 65k which implies combo method can't be used

48 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's the Transferwise website rather than the app? i can't see any option in the app to get a doc of the details of transfer

scubascuba3  

I have never used the phone app.  It is on the login when I use a PC.  I would imagine you can get on your phone if you go to the Transferwise website on your phone and then click desktop option which will give you the same version as if you were logging in on a p.c.

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Expatriats.JPG

I'm staying in Jomtien and I have done my annual extensions many times. I know the requirements by heart and you can wake me up in the middle of the night and I can tell you what's officialy needed. Copy of the 90 days report has never been required,and why would it be? The checklist from Chonburi immigration website is not the same you can get at the front desk at Jomtien Immigration and your  checklist from PCEC is very old and not the updated checklist from January 20 this year. Next time refer to correct checklist. I will upload the correct list.

The reason for not asking for the copy of the TM6-card, might have been bad memory,and it's actually not very important because you had a copy of your entry stamp from your passport. 

retirementvisachecklist-65k-income.pdf