BANGKOK
Thomas J

Retirement Extension Today Jomtien - Very Smooth

Went for my renewal of my retirement extension at Chonburi immigration in Pattaya.  Though the line to get a number was way out the door, my number at counter 8 had only 3 people ahead of me.  The agent was very organized and easy to deal with.  He said, he would ask for what documents he wanted in the order he wanted them. 

He asked for the following

TM7 with passport then asked for TM7 to be signed. I gave him copy of each passport page.  He only wanted three pages, copy of passport information, copy of Non-O Visa and copy of original extension. 
Banking statement and letter showing 65,000 THB per month, despite Bangkok bank book showing some transfers as combined and not foreign, he did not care.  He asked for proof of fund transfer.  I gave him 12, he said only need proof of one. 
Wanted proof of residence so copy of fiance house book along with a map

He had me sign each of those.  I brought scanned copies that were printed.  He said those were not acceptable but he reached over the counter took the passport and house book and made the copies he wanted. 

No copy made of TM6, or of last 90 day check in. 

In and out in less than 30 minutes, pick up passport tomorrow.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

I brought scanned copies that were printed. 

How do they find out?

Was it color print?

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

How do they find out?

Was it color print?

Khunbenq,

No you can tell when someone puts a page in a copier it outlines the entire flatbed.  With a scan only the document being scanned is outlined and often the edges are not perfect.  I don't know what difference it makes since both are representations of the documentation but they must think that perhaps a scan can be altered? 

• Like 1

Providing you have the correct docs, that's as it should be each and every time. Wish I had the spare cash laying around to go back to the retirement route instead of the infernal marriage extension.

• Like 1

NON O or NON OA visa ? No proof of insurance needed ?

Thanks for an answer ...

Thanks for this update so no tm30 thats good news but needed a hand drawn map? Of the area you like or from your place to the Imm office in Jomtien ? I do not have a yellow book so guessing a copy of My Deed of ownership will be ok?

9 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

Thanks for this update so no tm30 thats good news but needed a hand drawn map? Of the area you like or from your place to the Imm office in Jomtien ? I do not have a yellow book so guessing a copy of My Deed of ownership will be ok?

Did mine December at Jomtien. Not asked for TM30 but have one a few years old in my passport. Used yellow book for proof of residence. Gave proof of income coming from a pension but not sure that I needed it. Not asked for a map.

@Thomas J Were you asked to prove that your income comes from a pension?

17 hours ago, Thomas J said:

No you can tell when someone puts a page in a copier it outlines the entire flatbed.  With a scan only the document being scanned is outlined and often the edges are not perfect.  I don't know what difference it makes since both are representations of the documentation but they must think that perhaps a scan can be altered? 

If using a scanner/printer and print them out that might be true.

If using a computer with the scanner you would get a preview of it before of it was printed or saved. You could then make adjustments if needed to get better position on it or settings to make it look better.

I have lots of scans saved I and cannot see how anybody could tell the difference between a copy or printout of them.

Good to hear more positive feedback about Jomtien IO. Thanks for posting.👍

17 hours ago, seeyoujimmy said:

What proof of fund transfer did you give him.

seeyoujimmy, I use Transferwise.  You can go to your Transferwise account and print the details of each transfer which shows the USD in my case, the conversion to THB and then shows the bank and account number. 

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If using a scanner/printer and print them out that might be true.

If using a computer with the scanner you would get a preview of it before of it was printed or saved. You could then make adjustments if needed to get better position on it or settings to make it look better.

I have lots of scans saved I and cannot see how anybody could tell the difference between a copy or printout of them.

ubonjoe

I used my iphone with notes app to scan.  You can then adjust the corners so that only the document you are scanning shows.  Perhaps if I put the document on a large white piece of paper and then scanned it would look more like it was taken in a copier by next year, I will just go and have the pages needed copied. 

• Like 1

Due to having chased away so many foreigners and the reduced numbers going through immigration Pattaya may be smart enough to realize it may help to make things easier.

5 hours ago, jesimps said:

Providing you have the correct docs, that's as it should be each and every time. Wish I had the spare cash laying around to go back to the retirement route instead of the infernal marriage extension.

I have been able to resist using the marriage route, thankfully. 

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Were you asked to prove that your income comes from a pension?

DannyCarlton

He took the map but did not ask for it.  He took my fiances house book and copied it.  Though I had my bank statements from the USA and my social security pages showing proof of a pension, they did not ask for it.  Here again, I have no idea why they require it to be a foreign transfer nor for that matter from a pension.  If you show having 65,000 thb entering your account each month why would they care where it come from.  Isn't the point you have sufficient funds to maintain a life here in Thailand? 

• Thanks 1