BANGKOK
Pib

U.S. Social Security SSA-1099 Tax Form Received

Today/27 Jan 2020 the mailman delivered our (the wife and I) SSA-1099 for 2019  forms at our Bangkok residence.   You know, the form you need to file your federal/state tax returns.

Got mine on Saturday the 25th.

Yeah, just got mine, even tho' by being registered for SS online, I'm told I've gone green, and thus no more paper deliveries.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Yeah, just got mine, even tho' by being registered for SS online, I'm told I've gone green, and thus no more paper deliveries.

Although you can go green that only includes certain SSA documents as of this time.  I just logged on my SS online acct and below is what is says regarding which docs are available online. 

And after January  you should be able to download an online 1099 after SSA mails everybody one.  I guess at this point in time SSA mails out 1099's' to everyone even if you opted to go green.... and you can also get one online after Jan.

image.png.d0d79d2b2342eeff356820739e8411f9.png

image.png.b1892942502822a52f577fcdf62b55bd.png

Edited by Pib
  • Thanks 2

Northrop Grumman, the company I just left, ONLY mails paper tax forms, i.e. W-2s.  Amazingly stone age for an engineering company.

16 hours ago, JimGant said:

Same here but they haven't put it up online yet so bet its in the mail. I live in the sticks and have a PO Box so guess a trip to town is in order.

Got mine via my US re-mailer on January 14th  

Since it was one of those tear apart forms have no clue when it was mailed by Social Security Administration 

OPM 1099's became available for download at the end of last week but never did get a notice this year - normally an email is sent.

38 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

OPM 1099's became available for download at the end of last week but never did get a notice this year - normally an email is sent.

I got an email notice from OPM on 26 Jan saying the 1099's are available....below is a partial snapshot of the 26 Jan OPM email I got.

image.png.311ac35d97b927687f979b6820849f8e.png

18 minutes ago, Pib said:

I got an email notice from OPM on 26 Jan saying the 1099's are available....below is a partial snapshot of the 26 Jan OPM email I got.

image.png.311ac35d97b927687f979b6820849f8e.png

I found it on the 24th so maybe they did not send to those that had already downloaded as that is what I normally get.

My SSA 1099 received this morning in Thai Post mail here in Phala , Ban Chang, Rayong. 

On 1/28/2020 at 12:04 PM, pmarlin said:

Same here but they haven't put it up online yet so bet its in the mail. I live in the sticks and have a PO Box so guess a trip to town is in order.

Update: got it on line 1Feb and in the mail 5 Feb. Mail really sucks here

I did not receive my 2019 1099-SSA this year...I did receive it last year, but not in previous years. I continue to receive the annual benefits letter and the 7162 each year.

I dropped an email to [email protected],gov yesterday requesting a PDF, received the PDF today (it is encrypted, with the PW in a separate email).