Surachet resigns, heading to India to be ordained

snoop1130

A real cop that tries to stop traditional Thai business will pay the price. Reform in Thailand means change of profiteers, not reduction of corruption. Big Joke committed the sin of attempting real corruption busting and upset the establishment. His Immigration reforms attempts are already being reversed. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

A real cop that tries to stop traditional Thai business will pay the price. Reform in Thailand means change of profiteers, not reduction of corruption. Big Joke committed the sin of attempting real corruption busting and upset the establishment. His Immigration reforms attempts are already being reversed. 

It was probably one of the most corrupt ....

BJ found out the hard way that you cannot buck the system of corruption and brown paper bags in Thailand.

The system is bigger than any one man or woman

BJ should have remembered the old saying.

"It's only a rort if you're not in on it"

And, as almost everyone in government and business is in on it; you were the last man standing!

Farewell BJ, looking forward to you staring in your first Bollywood movie; " I Did it my Way"   55555 

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Going to India to be ordained, to show respect to his parents, BS.

He is getting out before he gets topped because he knows too much about the shenanigans of his masters.

Of course, if his claim was the real purpose, no explanation of why any old Thai temple, or one in his home town, wouldn't have been good enough....

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Has he resigned as reported in the article, or just taken leave of absence - - "left the office" doesn't mean resigned?

The headline says resigned. The article itself never uses that term, AFAIK....

Vagaries and mysteries of Thai journalism strike again!

That's a shame, RIP (career-wise).

I think Big Joke rapidly rose through the ranks largely based on merit (although he did have patronage) rather than through the more usual pathway of contacts.

The problem with those who get promoted on merit is that they might end up biting the hand that feeds them if they start to believe their own publicity.

Edited by Stevemercer

I originally thought he was a prancing horse and not to be trusted when he was dealing with the Koh Tao issues, but I’m starting to think he could be a good egg who isn’t flexible enough for the Thai system and can’t be bent to conform. Those who bent like willow years ago are terrified of him and want him as far away as possible. 

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

Judging by the ludicrous identification of him as a "good guy", by many in this thread

Yes, this is very strange. I mean he got in trouble originally for not sharing the ill-gotten booty up the chain. Then he took a vacation in the U.S.

More recently he got in trouble for complaining about not getting his cut on the biometrics deal he closed, and for back-stabbing Chakthip. Interestingly, he took his wife and family this time, to India.

No clue why some foreigners seem to think Surachate is some paragon of virtue. Every Thai knows his true nature.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, this is very strange. I mean he got in trouble originally for not sharing the ill-gotten booty up the chain. Then he took a vacation in the U.S.

More recently he got in trouble for complaining about not getting his cut on the biometrics deal he closed, and for back-stabbing Chakthip. Interestingly, he took his wife and family this time, to India.

No clue why some foreigners seem to think Surachate is some paragon of virtue. Every Thai knows his true nature.

Owning a Lexus might be an indication of how straight he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Correct.

I find it quite interesting how many folk here don't have a clue about him though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Correct.

I find it quite interesting how many folk here don't have a clue about him though. 

Seems as if you're fully up to speed on him, would you care to share the inside information. 

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Going to India to be ordained, to show respect to his parents, BS.

He is getting out before he gets topped because he knows too much about the shenanigans of his masters.

Those here who I personally know (one senior policeman ) have done the India "pilgrimage" thing, and it is only for 9 days or so then return to Los. Cannot easily stay on in India any.more than we can here.

Also dont think even BJ can speak Hindi.

So he might still be in the sights on returning.

• Haha 1

The closed shop remains closed. The corrupt remain sorrupt.

Our illustrious leaded (Mr 100%) does not have the mandate to tackle the police corruption where he must know billions disappear from businesses to feed the frenzy

or does he get a cut off the top?