Trash problem chokes tourist attraction – again

snoop1130

Trash problem chokes tourist attraction – again

By The Nation

800_064034e1d7578d5.jpg

The viewpoint at Ekkachai Bridge connecting Phatthalung’s Khuan Khanun district and Songkhla’s Ranod district has become a garbage dump as trash left by travellers piles up – yet again.

Tourists from other provinces have been drawn to the area’s beautiful scenery of forest, farms and a lake along the two sides of the 6-kilometre bridge. 

The trash problem has hit this tourist attraction several times. 

Clean-up campaigns have been held to solve the problem but the area always turns dirty again as more and more tourists visit.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/travel/30381125

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-27

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Trash problem? It plagues the nation. I see entire regions in Issan, where there is no trash pickup. So, it ends up getting dumped in makeshift dump sights, and gets strewn all over the place. I cannot find a garbage can in Bangkok, to save my life. Sometimes, I hold onto a piece of trash for 15 minutes, looking for someplace to dispose of it. It almost seems as if this administration is making a deliberate attempt to avoid giving us an alternative to littering the land.

I don't get why Thailand is so anti-trash can. They work well in the rest of the World...

• Like 1

After having seen Cambodia and entire gardens full of plastic and garbage, I call Thailand clean already. But still a lot of work to be done.

Personally do not have experienced much trouble in central bkk or chiang mai with trash. Enough bins (or 7/11 with bin) everywhere and they clean the streets in the early morning. Guess it is much worse in the provinces.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1