Pattaya to get new viewpoint

snoop1130

Pattaya to get new viewpoint

By The Nation

800_8d1378cd4bc60b2.jpg

Pattaya City plans to improve the scenery at Bali Hai Cape to make it a sunset viewpoint after the public area was reclaimed from entrepreneurs.

Pattaya City Mayor Pattana Bunsawat said that several entrepreneurs had intruded on Bali Hai Cape to make use of the land. Authorities have negotiated with them to improve the area so that it can become a sunset viewpoint to attract tourists.

“After the demolition of buildings is completed, we will coordinate with Nongnooch Garden Pattaya to improve the scenery of this cape so it becomes a new checkpoint of Pattaya,” he said.

Meanwhile, Nongnooch Garden director Kampol Tansajja said that after they have surveyed the area, he plans to plant sugar palm trees to improve the landscape.

“The reason we chose sugar palm trees is because they can grow in saline soil, especially at the seaside. In addition, this tree is durable, easy to take care of and will not obscure the scenery,” he said.

“If possible, we will grow 78 sugar palm trees to make the scenery as beautiful as Promthep Cape in Phuket,” Kampol added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/travel/30381133

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-27

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not sure exactly where they are referring to but i have noticed them flattening Bush Mountain and kicking out the ladies

I do hope that you are joking. Always been a "rights of passage" thing for new visitors to Pattaya. A Pattaya institution.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's a pity that there is no more restaurant.

Was very pleasant to sit there at sundown.

Indeed it was and had the best panang kai in town. I doubt the new one will be interesting, a mall-type concrete box probably.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I do hope that you are joking. Always been a "rights of passage" thing for new visitors to Pattaya. A Pattaya institution.

Afraid not, the ladies were told 6+ months ago construction was planned and they couldn't stay there overnight. Currently it looks like a better road only

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Crystal clear if you open the article.

It's the area at the lighthouse before it goes uphill towards Royal Cliff.

It's not an elevated viewpoint though.

So comparing it with Promthep Cape in Phuket is silly.

I opened it thanks, i of course recognised the lightlight but not the other photo

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Crystal clear if you open the article.

It's the area at the lighthouse before it goes uphill towards Royal Cliff.

It's not an elevated viewpoint though.

So comparing it with Promthep Cape in Phuket is silly.

that little retaurant got closed down some years ago, aparently it should not have been built there....something to do with ENCROACHMENT.....!!

Silly me, I thought the heading said "Pattaya to get new Point of View".

Like tourists are important to our business income and must be treated well.

Retirees are the backbone of our economy providing guaranteed money to the community.

All of our visitors are guests who must be provided safe and secure holidays in our town.

Like I said "silly me"!

• Like 2

On 1/27/2020 at 11:04 PM, snoop1130 said:

he plans to plant sugar palm trees to improve the landscape.

I would have thought a "tea plantation" would have been more practical, considering those in charge of the area like to drink a lot of tea.  ???? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

I would have thought a "tea plantation" would have been more practical, considering those in charge of the area like to drink a lot of tea.  ???? 

Well they are always having their palms out to be sweetened so maybe apt!

• Haha 1

"public"  land now.

P_20200129_115653.thumb.jpg.3903c20fc826ffcbaf60eb16c7469140.jpgP_20200129_115729.thumb.jpg.9a7970ab41c14805b5c9800393d38702.jpgP_20200129_115750.thumb.jpg.2a625c2377fe003d5064ca6ea9f0c352.jpg

The other "restaurant"  you can see in the background  just behind the red sign is also  closed..so nowhere to get a beer now except from the 7/11 at "bali hai"    but not  between 2pm and 5 pm  and 12 midnight till 11 am :crazy:

1 hour ago, johng said:

The other "restaurant"  you can see in the background  just behind the red sign is also  closed..

That was Paphakarn (lighthouse), the one with the excellent panang kai and nice wooden tables to sit on. Was a very nice place. Of course they had to get rid of it. Too nice.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:10 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not sure exactly where they are referring to but i have noticed them flattening Bush Mountain and kicking out the ladies

The Bush Mountain ladies provided a great service for guys who were to cheap to pay beach road prices...