Time to restrict entry for Chinese to Thailand

Trujillo

14 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Today having lunch in a high-profile tourist area, I couldn't help noticing the large number of Chinese walking about. Subconsciously I thought, "I wonder if any of these guys are infected. They wouldn't even know. Is this safe?"

You are saying they should not let them in yet you subject yourself to "large numbers" in a food environment no less?  Probably eating and coughing, blowing their noses and sneezing.

Sorry, seems not very smart..   

Edited by bkk6060

15 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Most other nationalities do not cough and spit, whereas the Chinese hold the Olympic gold medal for it. Great when you are trying to contain a viral epidemic! Do us all a favour and restrict entry permanently.

maybe they will add a further requirement:

- BYO Pooper Scooper to keep their virus off the street (in a physical sense)

16 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Most other nationalities do not cough and spit, whereas the Chinese hold the Olympic gold medal for it. Great when you are trying to contain a viral epidemic! Do us all a favour and restrict entry permanently.

You may want to try watching some football (sorry "soccer") highlights. 

Most other nationalities do not spit? 

Really.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

And who holds the gold medal for nose picking?

4 hours ago, cerox said:

You guys - most of you have been here for long.

So why always talk about:

- what should be done about air pollution, traffic or coronaivirus

The decision makers are just laughing about us.

You can make this a 20 pages topic again what should be done. They are still laughing about you.

Na Trang VN has banned all Chinese tourists

17 hours ago, Shoeless Joe said:

It's not about where Trujillo was eating. We're all potentially all "at risk" anywhere in Chiang Mai (shopping malls, walking street(s); night market etc) and his point that the Thai government could take action to restrict Chinese visitors has obvious merit, because they then wouldn't be in a position to pass on any infections.
DaRoadruuner's observations regarding the unsanitary personal habits of many Chinese tourists is, I think, equally valid.

Regards,

Joe

LMAO. Get real 

6 hours ago, Traubert said:

It's been done to death.

Just another excuse for the Sinophobes to air their prejudices.

A ridiculously small sample of Chinese people have been infected. You cant even make 2750 as a proportion of 1.4bn on a normal calculator. Too many zeros behind the decimal point. Try it.

The same goes for the proportion of those who spit. They're not British teenagers.

Mongolia has shut the border. Are they bigots as well? Nice virtue signaling though, Winnie the Pooh will probably give you a medal for your bravery to stick to the Sinophobes. 

17 hours ago, Shoeless Joe said:

It's not about where Trujillo was eating. We're all potentially all "at risk" anywhere in Chiang Mai (shopping malls, walking street(s); night market etc) and his point that the Thai government could take action to restrict Chinese visitors has obvious merit, because they then wouldn't be in a position to pass on any infections.
DaRoadruuner's observations regarding the unsanitary personal habits of many Chinese tourists is, I think, equally valid.

Regards,

Joe

8 cases so far in a country with ~68 million citizens,expats + tourists. 

I don't think that's enough to close the borders for Chinese tourists. 

24 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

8 cases so far in a country with ~68 million citizens,expats + tourists. 

I don't think that's enough to close the borders for Chinese tourists. 

The "other" English language newspaper in Thailand is reporting (today, PM) 6 more new Chinese tourist cases discovered/confirmed, five are family members.

Just published in Nation: 

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381181

~o:37;

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction

I’m in Sri Lanka for two weeks, as far as I can work out, they closed border to all chinese nationals from today.

Everyone leaving needs to wear a face mask When leaving, purchased at the airport.

Bit or a wave of hysteria, the wife went to buy a phone card today and they tentatively asked her if she was chinese before accepting her money.

Spent a couple of days in a hotel with Chinese tour groups, no one would share an elevator with them. 

It's amusing because there are more deaths from the influenza in the US, Australia and Europe including the UK than there is anything like this Chinese coronavirus but no one is screaming about that. The ones on here that a whinging about the Chinese come from the countries with a much high contamination rate and death rate for the various other influenza virus's and they don't say a word about that. Check the death rates for the other virus's in your home countries and then call for your countrymen to be banned from Thailand like you are calling for the Chinese to be banned. Oh, remember that when your countrymen are banned then that means you also must leave like you want the Chinese to leave.

• Sad 1

I think the authorities are being far too complacent about this virus.

Its ability to infect others at such an alarming rate is the key issue here.

The obvious tsunami of new cases in China demonstrates how a Country's medical facilities will simply be overwhelmed in a very short period of time leading to panic and general breakdown in the functioning of the State.

The Chinese are not disclosing all the facts, as shown by social media posts, but one thing is clear:- 

This virus is HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS and DEADLY.

Everyone in Thailand who lives in an area which has Chinese tourists should prepare for a lock down, NOW, because the virus is already here and the Authorities have no power to stop mother nature take its course!

• Like 1

Solution is so simple. Return to your home country for the time being until the situation becomes clearer. Better do it soon in case there is an outbreak in which case you might not be able to get a ticket out. 

For those of you that came into close proximity with a Chinese (I believe there was one poster that ate in a food court where there were some Chinese), please quarantine yourself and your family for the next 2 weeks for our sakes. 

As for me, I had today left CM and arrived in Isaan. After a few days, I will go to Pattaya for a few days. After that, I will cut across Bkk and head down south, hopefully arriving safely into Malaysia. I am hoping that my devious routing will outwit any Coronavirus tracking me. 

CNN is reporting that the masks everyone wear here are only good if you are infected and sneeze.

They say wear an N95 mask if you're around a doctor around a Coronavirus patient.

I saw a fat Farang in Chiang Mai wearing a N95, so I thought cool, I want one.

But the one I bought here (don't remember the model number) was too small for my head and way too tight.

He must have been an English teacher with a small head (and corresponding brain size)? ????

f0b9f9e5b962e553e2536aa61cf8f362