Ban Pakard... Trouble with valid Non-Imm O visa during border run... 2000 baht added "fee" to receive stamp

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

3 or 4 months in Chiang mai, as you need it in the bank 2 months before you apply, and they don't let you take it out until after your passport is stamped with the new extension.

some offices require that but the norm is in the bank for 2 months only.

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I am questioning the fact and yes it is a fact that  American; UK and other EU countries allow a Thai spouse to prove financials via  money in the bank; assets such as a home; husbands  job salary and also a sponsor.

for a yearly extension of stay for a non Thai husband of a Thai women, a deposited sum of 400,000 Baht for 2 months is required or an income of 40,000 baht per month, for the non Thai wife of a Thai man no financials are required for the same yearly extension

for non UK citizen wife ( the same rules apply to husband of a UK citizenwife) of a UK citizen husband, the UK citizen husband has to show an income of i believe £18,600 or a lump sum of £62.500 or a combination of the 2, no property is allowed in the financials, that is for a 30 month ( i believe) visa. no potential income of the wife is allowed, the cost of the visa is £1,523, against a yearly charge in Thailand of about £45.00

who is making it harder for a couple to be together, the Thai system is fairly easy, the UK system is b*oody hard work, and requires the wife to speak English, yes down the line the wife can become a British citizen, but at a huge cost.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

To the best of my knowledge no where does it state that you have to leave the country for 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week etc.

Before you fulfil the requirement to re-enter to keep to the rules the ME Non O (marriage) was issued to you with in the first place.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 10:07 AM, Matzzon said:

Wow! You are really in the know! It allows a person to travel??? No, it tells a person that they must travel to another country every 90 days, if they do not extend for 60 days at an immigration office. Like stated before in this thread, and as I tried to explain, people get problems just because they try to do the classical border run (go and back in 10 minutes). If they just stay over night all is fine.

Just don´t tell me that something allows a person to do something, when it is in fact a condition for the type of visa this thread regards.

A person married to a thai national, who lives long term, one year and longer, in Thailand, who does not seek a long stay visa, or extension, designed for people who live one year or longer in Thailand, and instead seeks multiple renewal of 90 day visas using border runs is attempting to abuse a system that requires income conditions to be met to stay long term in Thailand. The Gov of Thailand, would naturally, and with reason, hold such people as suspect in their intensions and motivations.

Edited by WalkingOrders
To word
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

A person married to a thai national, who lives long term, one year and longer, in Thailand, who does not seek a long stay visa, or extension, designed for people who live one year or longer in Thailand, and instead seeks multiple renewal of 90 day visas using border runs is attempting to abuse a system that requires income conditions to be met to stay long term in Thailand. The Gov of Thailand, would naturally, and with reason, hold such people as suspect in their intensions and motivations.

Years and years of 90 day Non-os, no Thai official has ever suggested I get an extension.

No need to suspect my motivations, I'm here to bang younger women, drink beer and raise my kids.

Only 1 immigration officer ever spoke to me on the way in (Aranyaprathet/Poipet), all the rest stamp, stamp in.

I've never done border bounces, I like a nice holiday in a friendly country, was in Saigon for a week earlier this month, booked a week in Phnom Penh for April.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

A person married to a thai national, who lives long term, one year and longer, in Thailand, who does not seek a long stay visa

Eeeh, but last time I checked a Non-O ME is considered to be one of the long stay visas.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Eeeh, but last time I checked a Non-O ME is considered to be one of the long stay visas.

The term "long stay" is officially used on the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and some Thai embassies and consulates and on visa stickers only for the non-immigrant visa category O-A.

The maximum period of stay granted upon each entry into Thailand is one year with the multiple-entry O-A visa, but only 90 days with the multiple-entry non-O visa.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2020 at 6:18 AM, jacko45k said:

Would it be fair to say the Cambodian borders are the worst, followed by Malaysian? 

At the current time, I would say yes, though not all land crossings for a specific country are equally (un)friendly. For several years, all the crossings from Laos have been reliable for entry as long as you are not in violation of any official regulations. Occasionally, individual borders with Myanmar have been iffy. As always, this is subject to change without notice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 4:31 AM, gk10002000 said:

I was always a bit confused why having a O visa, people were still making 90 day border runs. I just assumed they could and would do one year extensions, similar to O visa holders that do retirement extensions but don't make 90 day border runs.  Reading some of the posts above, I think I now understand.

or not all ppl have 400k in the bank..