Thailand’s PM assures coronavirus situation is “100% under control”

webfact

8 minutes ago, yokat said:

The only thing that I see under control for the moment is the communication. The 14 cases update was already 2 days ago.

Yes they choose to no longer make the number public. Wonder why... Great decision in a situaiton where information is vital to stop the virus.

Wait for the worlds reaction on this. It will not be good and also people will panic, when they are finally forced to release their numbers.

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

Yes they choose to no longer make the number public. Wonder why... Great decision in a situaiton where information is vital to stop the virus.

Wait for the worlds reaction on this. It will not be good and also people will panic, when they are finally forced to release their numbers.

Another Pattaya news site is still saying 8 infected

58 minutes ago, Fred white said:

Another Pattaya news site is still saying 8 infected

There was a backlog of 102 people pending diagnosis on 28th, no updates since then. Thais don't have the capabilities to diagnose fast enough, hence any diagnosis made is preliminary. For certain though the virus is in Pattaya. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 6:01 PM, Expat Tom said:

Just an observation/ question; if it's not a military government why is the PM wearing a uniform? Most generals who ascent to civilian power hang up their uniforms. If nothing else, the optics are bad. It makes one wonder if the old adage is true, "if it walks like a duck, quacks like and duck and looks like aa duck....then it might just be a duck".

well HE's allowed to

and to wear a gun, shoot you and ask you questions later... 

... missed his flu shot though??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, khunpa said:

Is there an announcement saying this? If so, it is really bad. I expected them simply to start lying and undercounting the totals. But if things are so bad they're afraid to even mention a number, then that is scary.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

It's only relevant after this one has spread over the planet and become seasonal. 

I was thinking more on the lines of the cost factor and strain on health services and lost work hours if it really takes hold. 

Percentage of dead to infected will be only a statstic used in the aftermath. One infected in a family of 6 means 6 having to be checked/monitored as a minimum.

Edited by overherebc

For me, only local infections mattered. All the figures coming out from China do not matter. I'm more interested in how my country, Malaysia, is going to deal with a local epidemic of this disease. Likewise, those living in Thailand right now should worry about Thailand's readiness in dealing with any eventual local spreading of this disease.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrTuner said:

There was a backlog of 102 people pending diagnosis on 28th, no updates since then. Thais don't have the capabilities to diagnose fast enough, hence any diagnosis made is preliminary. For certain though the virus is in Pattaya. 

For example first time ever face masks being hawked in Bukhow this arvo,I guess they get info early ,bit like umbrellas before a downpour!

On 1/28/2020 at 2:47 PM, Rodjrin said:

‘100% under control’. I am so relieved to know that we are safe. Does that mean he can add another ribbon of colored tat to all previous meritorious awards? By the look of that smirk/grimace/Alfred e. Neumann contortion, the eejit already has done!

well, if ever a Movie comes out of all this...

the perfect character actor for the role:

image.jpeg.241c97103700a1b4ad5831b171915fff.jpegImage result for dan aykroyd smirkimage.jpeg.7290279ea059fc18771d51672687bf70.jpeg

and, one co-starring the virus Image result for dan aykroyd

• Haha 2

100 % in control of the PM2.5 pollution??  He allows for 50% of the sugar cane crop to be burnt.  How can that be in Control?  With AQI over 200 in Bangkok and much of the rest of the country.  Control?

• Like 1

As long as they can keep up with the demand of extra hospital beds for "Patients under Investigation" it should be under control. Once they run out of extra beds and staff, then there might be an issue.

investigation.png.312aa641f03219d701624e46ece2c2b3.png

Thailand is a never ending flood of some of the dumbest people on earth saying the dumbest things imaginable. 

You couldn’t create a satire cartoon and invent characters that could be bigger imbeciles than the people in power here. It’s astonishing how ignorant they are. I dare you to try, you wouldn’t be able to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Under control.......Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, easy to say but.....

Stopped everything, the stopped folk have no social security, no unemployment benefits......

How are the "stopped" people eating and paying the bills.........????

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 11:24 PM, KKr said:

Today's Bloomberg assessment of the situation:
 "" The problem for markets, of course, is that literally nobody has any idea yet how long this will last, how big it will get, and how far it will spread. ""

Glad for those that stay in Thailand !

The financial consequences for people in countries with scant or no welfare and medical services are serious snd will escalate with each passing. At least LOS shut down arrivals on 23rd March.