Thailand’s PM assures coronavirus situation is “100% under control”

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has assured the public that the novel coronavirus situation in Thailand is “100% under control” and that he will personally take charge of overseeing the operations of all related agencies to deal with the virus, as well as the PM2.5 dust pollution.

Good, and when it becomes out-of-control like it has in China we will watch you step down from power...
I'd like to see you make a decision in the future to possibly shut-down Bangkok or Pattaya due to the numbers of infected cases [as they've now had to do in China] and when that day comes I would gladly watch you walk away!

As for the PM2.5 dust/pollution control... you haven't managed to tackle that yet !!!

The Thai populous are watching you and are not impressed so far... they are worried about this and are starting to voice their fears, they don't want empty promises, fancy speeches... they demand action.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Confused 1

Wonder if he claims 100% success when the virus actually hits. 

The way things work in Thailand they might accidentally find a cure as they usually prescribe 4 different liquid medications plus Sara and an injection for a common cold.

PM 2.5 in my condo 85 right now, so I guess he has omitted Chiang Mai from his deliberations.

Coronavirus in Thailand could be under control by shutting down Chinese tourism. When the pigs in the local market start growing wings.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the Prime Minister said that Thailand is fully-equipped to cope with novel coronavirus, citing the recent rating by Johns Hopkins, which put Thailand 6th out of 195 countries for having effective early warning and preventive systems to cope with an outbreak of a communicable disease.

If you want to have a laugh it's at page 290 of this pdf:

https://www.ghsindex.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019-Global-Health-Security-Index.pdf

My favorites from Thailand's score:

50/100 on travel and trade restriction

100/100 on risk communication

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

he will personally take charge of overseeing the operations of all related agencies to deal with the virus, as well as the PM2.5 dust pollution.

This will end up being a real problem. What he really means, is that nothing will get done. When a man, who has spent six very long years, demonstrating an extreme degree of incompetence, and an absolute unwillingness and inability to follow through on promises made, makes a promise like this, it has to be dismissed as utter nonsense.

This is an emergency situation. It needs to be dealt with, and it needs a high degree of intelligence and competence. Not something Prayuth possesses. Someone else needs to handle this, and it needs to be handled yesterday!

The tourism industry is teetering on the edge of a tragic drop, and has already been devastated by this highly destructive administration. All it needs now is a spread of this virus. It could crush millions of families dependent on tourism. I already know one family that has cancelled their trip over here. Why take a chance? Who can trust the Thai authorities, and what they say? Why trust them? What have they done to earn that trust?

The tourism industry will suffer everywhere as no country can control the spread of this virus at this time. 

Things will return to normal once there is a vaccine, medication or the outbreak stops on its own

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:
I'm confused by all the fuss and panic over the coronavirus. It is so far proved to be non-fatal to nearly everyone who contracts it, and that death rate is no greater than that for 'normal' flu sufferers. Have I misunderstood something?

Apparently causes unexplained pneumonia which can be fatal. So it's not very dangerous for people with strong immune system, but can be fatal for those with chronic illnesses or those usually less immune like children and the elderly. Now this is old news and I'm sure has changed, but a few days back there was report youngest to succumb to virus was 48. So basically this hits right into Thai Visa members' territory... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

He has never lied. Pollution is under control, Road accidents is under control, corruption, etc. 

Best government ever. The world should learn from his examples and maybe we can stop this virus today with a song?

OH the happy clappy government. 

What the absolute <deleted> ?? Is this guy some kind of idiot?? The World Health Organization doesn’t have this under control but the jokers in Thailand do ??

i have seen some ludicrous stuff from governments over the years around the world but this is the absolute winner !!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

That's right, follow the money markets for assessment of risk. This man has the confidence of the Captain of the Titanic.

From Nikkei Asian Review:
"" The coronavirus outbreak that began in the Chinese city of Wuhan is now a worldwide concern. ..... ...... 
 Meanwhile, Japan and the U.S. plan to evacuate their citizens from the Chinese city.  ""