Thailand’s PM assures coronavirus situation is “100% under control”

webfact

26 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Ive been digging around the internet about this supposed mutated virus from the Chinese eating snake and bat meat. The stories been changing, they say it originated at a Wuhan seafood market. What about Wuhan being a center for the Chinese military biological warfare center and this virus being accidently released into the environment! If you want to know the truth the information is on the internet.

i have 150 meters of tinfoil to sell you...:coffee1:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rossco1 said:

long as Thai people know its from China not other foreigners that has started this 

Its one of the countries Thai Government has given free passes to visit remember that 

Just wait. this government will manage to put the blame on farang instead of destroying beloved Chinese tourism....

Edited by P100
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, rossco1 said:

long as Thai people know its from China not other foreigners that has started this 

Its one of the countries Thai Government has given free passes to visit remember that 

Don't count on it. Remember, China and Thailand frequently proclaim that they are "brothers." Want to guess who isn't a brother?  It is very easy to redirect things on to foreigners, in particular, you know who. It's not like it hasn't been done before. If you were here in 2014, you will know about the foreign "advisers" and their "influence."

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

This virus has also impacted on markets around the world with the US dropping approx some -495 points recently.

Is this the main cause for concern,the impact of the virus has on the markets?No empathy for those affected and dying from this virut?

If the translation is correct, 100% control.is an illusion not restricted to Thai talking heads. When the situation goes sideways, the finger pointing and claims of being misquoted will be claimed.

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Is this the main cause for concern,the impact of the virus has on the markets?No empathy for those affected and dying from this virut?

For some, yes. And not only on this forum. One particular person on TVF comes to mind, although I haven't seen him around since last week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Apparently causes unexplained pneumonia which can be fatal. So it's not very dangerous for people with strong immune system, but can be fatal for those with chronic illnesses or those usually less immune like children and the elderly. Now this is old news and I'm sure has changed, but a few days back there was report youngest to succumb to virus was 48. So basically this hits right into Thai Visa members' territory... 

I saw one report in the past day or two saying the youngest fatality inn China was a guy in his mid 30s.... But that's not been common, thus far.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

45 minutes ago, P100 said:

Just wait. this government will manage to put the blame on farang instead of destroying beloved Chinese tourism....

The people, well bar girls, who I spoke to yesterday know exactly where this virus originated. They even covered their mouths and noses whenever a Chinese person walked past.  The government has a lot of work to do to turn the public perception on its head.  

here's what worries me.. assuming one either dies or is cured, aren't the following stats (latest) saying the death rate is close to 60%? ????????????

Wuhan Novel Coronavirus

Death: 106

Positive cases: 4428

Suspected: 5794

Cured: 60

*As of 2020-01-28 09:17 (Beijing Time) Source: NHC

7 minutes ago, zydeco said:

But the link to your bank account on your phone was!

Ah, you noticed the video reference ended with .com. Unfortunately I use linux so I can't catch viruses. (there, on topic)

Might be good to remove it though.

5 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

here's what worries me.. assuming one either dies or is cured, aren't the following stats (latest) saying the death rate is close to 60%? ????????????

Wuhan Novel Coronavirus

Whilst I am of the persuasion that this virus needs to be treated with the severity it deserves, we cannot be sure of death rate yet as the death rate lags behind confirmed cases. We'll be able to form a better picture within the coming weeks. 

As far as I know, the only stat to pay attention to at the moment is the rate of transmission, which is around 3.00. So for every person who has it, it will be passed onto 3 others. 

Edited by thisisrascal
  • Thanks 1

Troll posts and the replies have been removed.

Off topic posts and the replies have been removed.

Posts in violation of fair use policy have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Posts using disallowed references to the PM have been removed. 

1 minute ago, GeorgeCross said:

Wuhan Novel Coronavirus

The answer at the moment is we just don't know. Some could have mild or no symptoms or be more cold like and so don't report to the authorities and so aren't tested or recorded. Also we don't have the age / gender / risk factor stats for this raw data. I would imagine that the cases reporting are most probably old , the very young or ones with current chronic health problems. I am currently concerned but not alarmed. I hope we don't get to alarmed state. Then I would be worried. 

Just now, thisisrascal said:

Whilst I am of the persuasion that this virus needs to be treated with the severity it deserves, we cannot be sure of death rates yet as the death rate lags behind confirmed cases. We'll be able to form a better picture within the coming weeks. 

this is true and why i for one will not be waiting. locking family down now, kids off school (along with half their class i heard..) pool cleaned and pantry stocked.

one other thing bothering me if only 60 people worldwide have been cured how comes Thailand has managed to cure 5 out of its 8 cases already AND send them back? ?????

• Like 2

Speaking of fast rising exponential curves, Thailand just jumped to 14 confirmed cases. But 5 of 6 new cases are from Hubei and all from China. So,  Prayuth's Iron screen at the airport is letting a lot through.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-thailand/thailand-confirms-six-more-coronavirus-infections-bringing-total-to-14-official-idUSKBN1ZR0E6?il=0

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Just read in the Bangkok Post he was boasting about having organised evacuation flights a month ago. Meanwhile, the Chinese didn't even identify the virus until three weeks ago on January 7th... 

... more like, didn't 'admit' to it... 

anyways they had plenty of victims to extract the virus from, to then compare with their earlier completed stockpiles created from their BioLabs 

maybe the US will now impose sanctions?  like as for NK, Iraq, Iran

or get Ethan Hunt on to it