BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: Fake news! No truth to online rumors that coronavirus cases found in resort

Pattaya: Fake news! No truth to online rumors that coronavirus cases found in resort

2pm.jpg

Thai caption: Don't believe the rumors

Picture: Channel 7

The Banglamung district chief and Pattaya area health officials have reacted swiftly to online rumors about the coronavirus being found in the city. 

Channel 7 reported that the public and tourists were spooked after reports of a Bang Lamung ambulance being sterilized after carrying three people with the virus and also other reports of people with the virus in the Pattaya area. 

District chief Amnat Charoensri said there was no one in the area with the virus. Checks had been made since 10th January and the public could be confident.

He said that they would continue to be very vigilant. 

Local health official Somphon Jittireuangkiat confirmed that the online posts were not true and that a picture of a health worker in a full protective body suit was just a preventative measure. 

There was also no truth to the rumor that hospital staff had initiated the posts, he said. 

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-28
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jessi said:

I would not believe anything this fake government says, they just try & cover everything up.😡

which would be the totally wrong thing to do but not surprising at all

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

A miracle if there aren't cases

Maybe not a miracle but I totally agree, logically there are probably some people here that are infected, whether they know it or not. 

• Like 1

... and turning the water off tomorrow for 24 hours won't help matters. Add in a healthy dose of food poisoning while we are at it.

• Like 2

na, never happen in a big resort/tourist city.... Ah Choo

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Considering the thousands and thousands of Chinese travellers going around the world everyday, it seems the possibilities of running into an infected person are somewhere between zero and not-a-chance-in-hell.
Maybe less than that.

Maybe so, but I will be staying away from 7/11's and Family Marts in Central Pattaya, until this passes, because if you were to run into an infected Chinese person here, that's where it would be.  🙂

18 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Maybe so, but I will be staying away from 7/11's and Family Marts in Central Pattaya, until this passes, because if you were to run into an infected Chinese person here, that's where it would be.  🙂

According to the Wuhan Nurse on YouTube, there are 90,000 infections across China. There's a very high chance that infected Chinese tourist are arriving in Thailand.

#BringoutyourDead. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jessi said:

I would not believe anything this fake government says, they just try & cover everything up.😡

Be afraid.... be very afraid when a denial such as this is made.

7 hours ago, Jessi said:

Like any government in any other country will initially do!