My Kbank Experience

4 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Yes, I had a surprising experience with K bank, on

transferring money from UK account, I had a phone

call from K bank in the afternoon suggesting the transferred amount had reached the peak rate

would I like it converted now.

Haven't used ATM since 1990 when it was B20

a go.

After reading all the scary posts, and other things

considered, I'm thinking of a nice holiday in UK.

Don't do it! The UK is much worse ... trust me on that one!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, geronimo said:
10 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Yes, I had a surprising experience with K bank, on

transferring money from UK account, I had a phone

call from K bank in the afternoon suggesting the transferred amount had reached the peak rate

would I like it converted now.

Haven't used ATM since 1990 when it was B20

a go.

After reading all the scary posts, and other things

considered, I'm thinking of a nice holiday in UK.

ALL banks can be a proper PITA to deal with at times. 

The one thing ALL banks are good at?... Reminding you its not really your money they are holding... 

• Like 2

I opened an account with TMB a little while ago, they refused at first stating the work permit thing, but I said no I'm retired and showed the visa etc. She went off to the Managers office came back and no problem.

The interesting point here was that during the opening of the account she only looked at the passport NOTHING from it was recorded.

She only used my Thai ID Card and Yellow book for numbers etc. and recorded that info, so my passport is never needed now at TMB when I do anything,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

How are they able to tell a retirement or marriage visa when it only says Non O or Non OA? I would gather over 50 you could just say to them retired?

They write the reason for the VISA on the Non-os now (in Thai).

Mine says 'to look after my son John Britmantoo'

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Banking maybe ...But has real beer fish n chips, indian food,more beer , cheese , pickled onions,real bread and more beer .

And not a somtam or pad krapow in sight thank god

Hope you get my drift

Edited by poohy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I disagree.

As a UK citizen, I have never ever had an issue with a UK bank. Super easy to do everything. When I was buying my house I had to go in and do a CHAPS transfer to my solicitor of about 75k GBP - took 2 minutes.

I can deposit money to anyone's account for which I have the account number and sort code, and don't need to show ID.

I can withdraw cash from my account over the counter with a driving license. Also takes only a minute or two.

To get a new ATM card I either click a button online or make a phone call, card arrives at my house a couple of days later - zero paperwork.

Compare that to Thai banks - whatever you want to do it is always a huge uphill struggle.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

I have to go in this week to K Bank and do a new card even though my debit visa card has a chip already and doesn't' expire until 2022. Just comes up error and cannot read. This time going to use the pink id and the yellow book and see if can get a real CC Visa with secured funds.  

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I disagree.

As a UK citizen, I have never ever had an issue with a UK bank. Super easy to do everything. When I was buying my house I had to go in and do a CHAPS transfer to my solicitor of about 75k GBP - took 2 minutes.

I can deposit money to anyone's account for which I have the account number and sort code, and don't need to show ID.

I can withdraw cash from my account over the counter with a driving license. Also takes only a minute or two.

To get a new ATM card I either click a button online or make a phone call, card arrives at my house a couple of days later - zero paperwork.

Compare that to Thai banks - whatever you want to do it is always a huge uphill struggle.

You are correct Sir and my comment was actually misdirected and wasn't about the banking system at all, but the UK in general.

• Like 1

Just now, SteveK said:
42 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I disagree.

They’ve closed the account down in my home town, so I can’t do anything over the counter when I am home unless I travel 45mins to the next town. 

That said some of the OLB processes (such as getting a new card etc) are easier. 

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I have to go in this week to K Bank and do a new card even though my debit visa card has a chip already and doesn't' expire until 2022. Just comes up error and cannot read. This time going to use the pink id and the yellow book and see if can get a real CC Visa with secured funds.  

Well, take absolutely everything with you (including all your family photos) and bring a brand new ballpoint, you'll have some signing to do! If you meet any resistance, call Charlie .....

4 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Based on this thread - Take the Passport with which you opened your account (even if its an old unused passport which has since been renewed). 

While there change your ‘ID details’ to your Pink ID card (your number should never change), so you don’t have the same issues when you change your passport and the number changes (unless you are from a country where your passport number never changes). 

Regarding the Credit Card (secured deposit etc) I simply have a second card on my Wife’s account (i.e. my Wife is the primary CitiBank Credit Card holder, I am issued a second card - its no different from having my own card. 

[the irony is, I’m the primary earner, my Wife is the primary card holder !]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Based on this thread - Take the Passport with which you opened your account (even if its an old unused passport which has since been renewed). 

While there change your ‘ID details’ to your Pink ID card (your number should never change), so you don’t have the same issues when you change your passport and the number changes (unless you are from a country where your passport number never changes). 

Regarding the Credit Card (secured deposit etc) I simply have a second card on my Wife’s account (i.e. my Wife is the primary CitiBank Credit Card holder, I am issued a second card - its no different from having my own card. 

[the irony is, I’m the primary earner, my Wife is the primary card holder !]

I just steal one of my kid's credit cards ... works for me ,,,,

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Don’t do that !!!

Go to the same branch geronimo went to... Throw geronimo's name around a bit, threaten to call up on him - You’ll be whisked away into a private room where no one else can hear the potential outbursts !!!... you’ll be offered coffee, rich-tea biscuits and 2020 calendar !!....   after that you’ll be out in a jiffy smiling from 'ear to ear’... 

You're probably right ........

• Like 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Thats it, I’m going to take my 6 year old with me on my next trip to the Bank, I’ll secure him a credit card, I’ll be the second card holder...  then my Wife won’t know in which salubrious establishment I’ve been blowing my sons inheritance... 

Wait another 18 years .... I did .... With my kids, the boot is now firmly on the other foot, as I borrow their cars, get them to buy me cigs and alcohol and generally ask for whatever I want ????

12 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Well, take absolutely everything with you (including all your family photos) and bring a brand new ballpoint, you'll have some signing to do! If you meet any resistance, call Charlie .....

My last encounter was a boiled anger one that I got up and walked out. this should be fun now that have pink card and yellow book.,

• Like 1