My Kbank Experience

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

To the OP - the people you spoke with don't make the rules and I have no doubt that they find them as ridiculous as you do. The country is a lunatic asylum, there is no common sense and the people who make the rules are answerable to no-one. Come to terms with that and you'll be okay. I struggle with that though, and if I wasn't married I'd be out of here on the next plane and never return.

Oddly enough, the people we speak to nearly always make the rules.

If someone at head office made the rules, they would all be the same.

You have a point, except you perhaps should have said make UP the rules. Again, they are answerable to no-one, presumably even to head office.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, geronimo said:

Then she looks at my passport, then the screen, then my passport, then the screen, then she tells me that the passport number on her screen doesn't match the one I have here.

I told her that was because I opened the account 22 years ago and naturally, I have a different passport now.

This incident shows how important it is to update everything, every time one get a new passport. And if you have more than one account in the same bank, you may in some cases even need to make the full passport update procedure for each account, for example in Bangkok Bank, as your passport number can be printed inside the bank book (I talk from experience).

However, K-bank seems to be a chapter of it's own when it comes to complicated paperwork, and number of signature and copies – might be similar in some of the other banks, but I've only been using five different Thai banks – normally I'm very patient and accept the Thai way of administration, but at one point I also had it with Kasikorn, when even the bank manager wasn't co-operative at all, and instead I asked to close my accounts; I had several due to investments. After being presented for the documentation needed and paperwork to be filled in to close each account I just sold all investment assets, cashed the money out a couple of days later, and left everything with 0 baht; easy way to do it with too much paperwork...????

I went to another bank and opened what I needed there with much less hassle than in K-bank...????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The land of inconsistency, I got a letter from KBank to change my card. I went in, with bankbook and passport.

Showed the letter handed over docs, signed ONE piece of paper and she wanted to charge me for the card? I said nope, it's your system that requires the change not me.

I then asked for the Manager, not available was the response, I want an appointment to see the Manager, don't know when he'll be here !! I replied "nonsense, I'll go wait in his office then''' ? realising I wasn't going to give in, she gets up and walks over to an older lady who returned with her, signed a piece of paper and pronounced "no charge sir"and gave me the card and I left. 20 minutes and all done.

They tried to charge me too (200 baht) so I politely pointed out that the ATM screen clearly states that the service is free of charge and the fee was waived.