U.S. State Department bars NPR reporter from Pompeo's upcoming trip after testy interview

webfact

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I consider almost everything to come out of any politician's mouth to be less than true, so I don't care if they have a managed press conference. I don't even bother looking at them on tv unless I can't be bothered changing the channel. If they aren't actually lying they are probably diverting attention from something else.

The only time I bother with politicians is for the entertainment factor, hence I'd be in favour of Warren to debate Trump ( and no, I don't believe much Trump says either, but he is entertaining ).

Yes, I feel the same way. But going back to Iraq, if a reporter is demanding to answer "where is the evidence of WMD?" then the world may be a different place by way of public opinion.

As it was, no reporters were asking anything like that. They were not doing their jobs. They just lie down, and when one of them does actually start to do their job, they then have the power to bar them! lol

5 minutes ago, sucit said:

Yes, I feel the same way. But going back to Iraq, if a reporter is demanding to answer "where is the evidence of WMD?" then the world may be a different place by way of public opinion.

As it was, no reporters were asking anything like that. They were not doing their jobs. They just lie down, and when one of them does actually start to do their job, they then have the power to bar them! lol

Actually there were reporters were asking exactly the right questions and coming up with the right answers. 

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/special-reports/iraq-intelligence/article24470662.html

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

There are scores of people...ranging from CEOs to politicians who will not speak to certain reporters

who breach a certain understanding....no one say anything about them.

But since this is a way to attack trump, lets all go!

Please....who's NPR...I didn't even know who they were or why I should care.

So, not only was there no breach, but apparently your flagrant and astonishig ignorance of what NPR is are grounds for making it a nothing burger?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

There are scores of people...ranging from CEOs to politicians who will not speak to certain reporters

who breach a certain understanding....no one say anything about them.

But since this is a way to attack trump, lets all go!

Please....who's NPR...I didn't even know who they were or why I should care.

False equivalencies .... a major plank in the GOP platform.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

On the other hand: guys, who are talking about a "Jew- coup", happening in the USA, are rewarded with press- credentials for kissing Trumps sphincter!

You ain't whistlin' Dixie about that.

Perhaps more sheltered readers don't know what you're referring to. A segment of 45's base is white supremacist and virulently anti-Semitic and yes the phrase you mentioned is used by them.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Actually there were reporters were asking exactly the right questions and coming up with the right answers. 

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/special-reports/iraq-intelligence/article24470662.html

Look at what Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul were doing at the time. True heros, labeled as apologists and who knows what else. But they were exactly right. Kucinich made dozens of speeches about this on the senate floor. Nobody listened to a word, and it was hardly reported. And now a neocon like Biden is trying to say he held Kicinich's same anti intervention position on Iraq lol

I am not sure what your link proved. Nobody asked any tough questions on public television during the lead up to the war. Everyone just towed the line. They knew if they exposed the truth, as Kucinich was doing, they would be labeled as unpatriotic and the whole nine yards. That is how it works. Julian Assange is another perfect example. Report the truth and be an outcast and completely ruined in his case. 

Edited by sucit
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

False equivalencies .... a major plank in the GOP platform.

The case with Pompeo here: they are prohibiting the news people who are actually doing their job and asking tough questions from being present. A form of intimidation for future questions from reporters. 

The case with Assange: they are prohibiting the news people who are actually doing their job and gathering truthful and accurate facts that the government does not want you to hear from being able to do their job. A form of intimidation for future reporting. 

Try again. It is the exact same tactic. Intimidation. "Tow the line or we step in." 

Edited by sucit

On 1/29/2020 at 5:38 PM, sucit said:

The thing that "sold" WMD to the world was, IMO, the general in the UN detailing the so called "WMD" factories. It's hard to call a war hero general a liar.

I notice he's basically vanished since WMDs were exposed as a fabrication.

On 1/30/2020 at 6:00 AM, sucit said:

The case with Pompeo here: they are prohibiting the news people who are actually doing their job and asking tough questions from being present. A form of intimidation for future questions from reporters. 

The case with Assange: they are prohibiting the news people who are actually doing their job and gathering truthful and accurate facts that the government does not want you to hear from being able to do their job. A form of intimidation for future reporting. 

Try again. It is the exact same tactic. Intimidation. "Tow the line or we step in." 

Exactly. He will be punished to prevent others from doing the same. Doesn't matter that he was exposing the truth.