Immigration's BMW smart cars out all over Thailand -  Thai house owners fined

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Each car is fitted with high tech wizardry - namely a tablet, a notebook and an internet connection

Why BMW's, could have bought Camry/Accord and saved millions of baht.

Bloody Show Offs

1 hour ago, smedly said:

One thing I could never get my head round while living here all these years, the police set up a checkpoint on the road looking for people say - not wearing a helmet, once they are done they pack up in their trucks and motorbikes and pass by hundreds of people not wearing helmets and do nothing - it's like they just switch off and are no longer policing 

It's just revenue collection.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Each car is fitted with high tech wizardry - namely a tablet, a notebook and an internet connection.

Once again Thailand leads the way. Fantastic job. Who would have thought internet in a car. 

p.s. I have been in a coma for the last 30 yrs.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

I feel safer now!

Not me! I wonder now if I will not become a criminal one day or another ... for a reason that I would completely ignore myself, why not for a question of unfilled quotas ????

4 hours ago, canopy said:

Just because there is an app does not mean it is easy. Especially if the house owner is in a different province or out of country and unreachable.

Also I have been told that the app is not available from Apple for iPhones. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Lots of money spent, lots of hard work and for what? A series of very minor infringements. Given the crime rate across the country, you have to ask if the money and effort wouldn't be better spent policing the local population perhaps?

Just a question, why did you add perhaps? ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Creasy said:

They could of achieved the same results with a 1998 Toyota Corolla and saved the Thai taxpayers millions of baht.

But, who am I to judge and I'm sure a third world countries police force really need BMW's

They could of achieved the same results with a 1998 Toyota Corolla and saved the Thai taxpayers millions of baht

You saw what's happened to Big joke for speaking like that! ☹️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1