Immigration's BMW smart cars out all over Thailand -  Thai house owners fined

webfact

7 hours ago, Creasy said:

Each car is fitted with high tech wizardry - namely a tablet, a notebook and an internet connection.

????????????????

So just using a Samsung Galaxy Tablet with Data and a connection to the Thai Immigration Data base wouldn't work...…..WOW that is hi tech......maybe the car is the smart one.....AI.  Where is the Knight Rider and Kit when you need them......David Hasselhoff where are you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Waste money on BMW's for a minority of foreigners doing something wrong, most who still won't be bothered regardless to these smart cars. 
Same time nothing being done about significant numbers of Thai crime, loads of tax payers money wasted & worse impressions from foreigners. 
To not forget a normal cop would need to buy his own uniforms, gun, motorcycle etc. 

Am I surprised? Not at all. How does it make one feel about Thailand? Worse, really starts to feel the only thing missing is a yellow star on my arm.
The concept of being innocent until proven guilty does not exist in this country either, I doubt it ever will. 

Like it isn't sick enough already, having to confess to a crime one didn't commit, in order to be able to sit out your time back home (or get less jail time).
All this depending on corrupt police their moves or the wrong time and place + person you meet, even you are a good legit guy.

Now we get privacy intruding smart camera's on luxury BMW's on top of that. Thank you Thailand, I feel more welcome by the day.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I don't actually have a smart phone. Is there a laptop/computer version?

Yes, there is :

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

You will need the homeowners details ( id and blue book ).

I do my TM30, the homeowner has no input.

EDIT:

Beaten too it .

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

A perfect example of people coming to Thailand for work who had Visa and permission to come to Thailand at airport or border crossing.

Keep it up Immigration and you will stop the building construction too as you have stopped visitors coming to Thailand.

It good you have new cars to catch all Law breakers who not have Visa, but you will need to Catch the BTS, Buses and Trains too,  to verify every single person.  Going thru all of Thailand populations. I am sure you now have a lifetime position going thru all 65 Million Thais obstacle course? 

Is It really good to punish all foreigners from any country breaking TM30 Law? However you are now going thru the Thai people, Your people? Such loyalty?? Why not teach the Thai Children in school your principles, They will give you their honest thoughts as children always do? They will rebel against your stupid law!

Any one agree?

Thank you

• Like 1

Thank God they have at least smart cars. I guess some Toyota could have been fitted with notebook and internet connection too, but maybe BMW internet is better. Ridiculous how they waste tax payer's money while being a third world country. 

I hope they got some driving lessons from Germany in a package....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sergeant said:

Is It really good to punish all foreigners from any country breaking TM30 Law?

The irony of that as it is most times landlords who are officially responsible for it (Thais), both in case of rental and in case wife owns the house. 
Those who own a condo (foreigners) often do their reports anyway. In that same scenario the BMW smart car is quite useless too.

But wait, maybe we missed something, Thailand 4.0 right? The camera can see trough the walls too, even up to the 40th floor.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

Big Joke was right! Waste of money as just some want to drive BMW on cost of the taxpayers.

And not catch foreign criminals; the criminals are Thai house/condo/hotelowner!!!!!

Why thaivisa use these wrong headlines.

No one has said any thing the real real Immigration bought BMW?

One, is they got a better bride selling price.  Since no cashiers at any immigration office what a smart way to hide all that money with no one checking? I feel so sorry for the poor people who have no Job or no shoes, while immigration drive their new BMW

Thank you

1 minute ago, Sergeant said:

No one has said any thing the real real Immigration bought BMW?

One, is they got a better bride selling price.  Since no cashiers at any immigration office what a smart way to hide all that money with no one checking? I feel so sorry for the poor people who have no Job or no shoes, while immigration drive their new BMW

Thank you

I feel sorry for any person who becomes a policeman but has to buy his own gear (even those driving the BMW's didn't pay the car, they did pay for the position).
That is screaming for corruption to come around the corner.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

When I am in our house in isaan (rather than my condo in Jomtien where I am 'registered') I tell my wife that she has to report me. She gives me the sort of look that suggests senility has set in and I am sure that she takes no further action. But I've done my bit and it is not me that is breaking any law.

However i doubt if the Immigration Police would like to drive their nice new smart BMWs along the dirt and gravel road leading to our village. Stay on the tarmac, lads!  

1 hour ago, mduras01 said:

Is this article for real? Made me laugh reading the choice of words — was it written by a comedian? 

Not by any stretch of the imagination, and boy, do imaginations get stretched on here.

10 hours ago, canopy said:

Just because there is an app does not mean it is easy. Especially if the house owner is in a different province or out of country and unreachable.

Oh it does. You can get it on the Huawei App Gallery and Baidu in seconds. Works a treat in China.