Pattaya TAT: Never mind about the Chinese for the next few months - We've got the Indians and Russians!

webfact

1 hour ago, ExpatLife said:

I swear the people running the show have no idea about what is happening now or days into the future. Anybody with half a brain can see that in 2-4 weeks, most cities and towns will be much like Wuhan is now. Considering the incubation period of 5-14 days rarely comes with symptoms, it is already spread among many people at this very moment.  

Indeed, there are some disturbing Chinese videos on Facebook, showing that in cities like Wuhan, things go much beyond travelling restrictions.

The city appears to be on complete lockdown, with no traffic, cars or pedestrians, at all, and people communicating with each other from their balconies!

On top of that, it would seem that the death toll could be quite higher than disclosed, because numerous deaths have been officially considered as resulting from pneumonia, even though the symptoms were the same as those of the coronavirus.

As with the economy, Chinese official stats and figures are to be taken with a healthy dose of salt...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deli said:

The Indians are living with it for centuries already - immune against anything.

They might even be able to bring a few of their own grown Virus,s to come and play in Thailand.

With their dubious Sanitation and Hygiene, i,m sure they have some real belters to rear their ugly heads in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpatLife said:

I swear the people running the show have no idea about what is happening now or days into the future. Anybody with half a brain can see that in 2-4 weeks, most cities and towns will be much like Wuhan is now. Considering the incubation period of 5-14 days rarely comes with symptoms, it is already spread among many people at this very moment. The virus first appeared around 5 weeks ago in Wuhan, and look how things are there today, and that is after they have closed schools, locked down cities ect. Thailand still has yet to close anything and it's business as usual, unlike other countries. 

The tourism industry is going to be non existent for at least a few months sooner or later, and the fact they are caring more about money than their own people speaks volumes 

No reported deaths outside of China.  Pandemic.

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

The ladyboy shows seem to a fixture on the itinerary of every Chinese tour party, so I should imagine the likes of Tiffany's, Alcazar and the Colosseum are not very confident that the Russians and Indians will help them.

I used to think that this place just outside Pattaya was the ladyboy base ????

Pattaya Palace 4.jpg

7 hours ago, webfact said:

She told reporters that the Indian market had increased by 24% and Russians were visiting in large numbers again. 

Exactly, Thailand doesn't need chinese or expats dollars, they have russian/indian to support it.  That's why Thailand will remove all overstays and expats at will with impunity.  I am glad Thailand will be ok.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Apart from these tourists there were Europeans and other Asians to take up the slack - not to mention ASEAN visitors from Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam. 

Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam to replace the Chinese, people at TAT are real jokers with great sense of humor 555

6 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

If this spreads, as it already has to many countries, the planes will not only be empty, but will stop flying.

TAT seems to have quickly abandoned and insulted their highly prized Chinese tourist. They no longer matter.

With the General stating this virus is 100% under control here in Thailand, I am sure the TAT numbers will show a substantial increase in the 1st quarter.

No problem here, please move on.

They've banned flights from China in Nah Trang   Go V

N

• Like 1

It's a known fact by the people here that tourism is down by a very long way indeed, I can see crime souring in the near future as many have got used to their living standards but now there is a heavy shortage of money coming in, tip's to staff who rely on them are getting very little & it would seem the Thai mentality is to increase prices to make up for the loss then wonder why they have to close because the punters have moved to cheaper priced places.

Attached is a photo of beach road outside Central Festival at 23:00 hrs Chinese New Years eve, so where is everyone ???

25-01-20.jpeg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

All of a sudden they are not concerned about the Chinese down turn.

But 20,000 visitors from Wuhan in January already have been here and Thailand is flagged as the place not to be, on world travel...

Just seen on TV how many Wuhan tourists come to Thailand, 22000 in January alone.......six Chinese nationals arrived found to be infected, arriving from Hubei province. No mention of the fellow passengers!

All arrivals from China are being screened.

Previously only passenger from Wuhan, Guangzhou and Changchun were being screened.... surprised they were even being allowed to travel! 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Just seen on TV how so many Wuhan tourists come to Thailand.....six Chinese nationals arrived found to be infected, arriving from Hubei province. No mention of the fellow passengers!

All arrivals from China are being screened.

Previously only passenger from Wuhan, Guangzhou and Changchun were being screened.... surprised they were even being allowed to travel! 

TAT is fine with it, as long as they spend big.

Oh, and dont sneeze, cough, spit out, fart, pee or defecate in the streets (or taxis).

Screenshot_20200129-080819_Chrome.jpg

Edited by dallen52

On 1/28/2020 at 12:06 PM, KhunKenAP said:

If this spreads, as it already has to many countries, the planes will not only be empty, but will stop flying.

TAT seems to have quickly abandoned and insulted their highly prized Chinese tourist. They no longer matter.

With the General stating this virus is 100% under control here in Thailand, I am sure the TAT numbers will show a substantial increase in the 1st quarter.

No problem here, please move on.

I wish the people and the PRESS in particular would strop referring to Pinocchio as a General he is a RETIRED general. please folks stop putting this person on a high pedestal

9 hours ago, a977 said:

I wish the people and the PRESS in particular would strop referring to Pinocchio as a General he is a RETIRED general. please folks stop putting this person on a high pedestal

He's not a retired general.  He's an undercover Prime Minister.  ????

On 1/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, webfact said:

She told reporters that the Indian market had increased by 24% and Russians were visiting in large numbers again. 

True, I see lots of Russians in Jomtian beach. They mostly stay in Jomtian area. Why is that? I don't know.