Indian tourist robbed of 27,000 THB in Pattaya

webfact

Indian tourist robbed of 27,000 THB in Pattaya

83904889_943210836075981_7403738322188632064_n.jpg.b570baf0c8d83aa3437d8af756ba2faa.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

An Indian tourist in Pattaya says a transgender pickpocket robbed him of his wallet, which contained 27,000 baht.

The man told police that he was walking along Pattaya Beach with a group of friends when they were approached by transgender thief during the early hours of Tuesday morning.

The thief at first appeared very friendly, the Indian man said, even calling for a minivan to take the group back to their hotel. 

Once the minivan reached Soi 13/1 the transgender person jumped out claiming had to get his motorbike.

Once back at his hotel, the Indian man said he realised his wallet had been stolen.

He said the wallet contained 3,000 baht, US$700 and 7,500 Indian Rupees in cash.

The minivan driver took the man to Pattaya police station to report the theft.

Source: Siamchon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-28
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Most travel insurance policies cover very little cash, or no cash at all. 

Yes and I wonder how many travel insurance policies cover you for losing your wallet after a night on the town in one of the world's biggest sex destinations and after getting into a vehicle with a ladyboy you just met a few seconds ago? I obviously don't know about Indian policies but in the UK most travel policies won't payout for losses incurred whilst intoxicated (not saying he was but he may well have been).

Edited by SteveK

5 minutes ago, toenail said:

Are Indian men usually so “clueless”????—- or is it Pattaya attracts the 1st time tourist who lacks street-wise common sense? 

Well apparently millions are coming so this incident is statistically insignificant.

14 minutes ago, toenail said:

Are Indian men usually so “clueless”????

Are your countrymen so clueless?

The Brits are as per here. Love to know what nationality that has a decent number of visitors are that clued up it's never happened.

Such nasty and bitter comments about the poor guy who was robbed. 27,000baht sounds a bit on the low side but when I was in Thailand on holiday I would take cash out if an ATM @ 30,000BAHT a time. As for insurance scam for only 27k come on..... Forget about the race it was another tourist robbed by a low life Thai.. Stop blaming tourists because I'm sure he never booked his their holiday with the cunning plan of a 27k insurance scam... OMG!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

Such nasty and bitter comments about the poor guy who was robbed. 27,000baht sounds a bit on the low side but when I was in Thailand on holiday I would take cash out if an ATM @ 30,000BAHT a time. As for insurance scam for only 27k come on..... Forget about the race it was another tourist robbed by a low life Thai.. Stop blaming tourists because I'm sure he never booked his their holiday with the cunning plan of a 27k insurance scam... OMG!!! 

the guy was back from the red light district in the early hours of the

morning with 27000 bahts in the wallet (Baths\but mostly US dollars and rupee)

you can go out for a crazy night with 30 000 bahts in your pocket

ring the bell in some gogo or doing it rain in a disco, then you are back with

only 3-5000 baths left in your wallet.But here it's not the case.

What is the point here for this guy to have with him a full wallet of foreign currency all night long

while visiting the red light district in sin city? Enlighteeen me please because i don't get it

TYIA

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

Yes and I wonder how many travel insurance policies cover you for losing your wallet after a night on the town in one of the world's biggest sex destinations and after getting into a vehicle with a ladyboy you just met a few seconds ago? I obviously don't know about Indian policies but in the UK most travel policies won't payout for losses incurred whilst intoxicated (not saying he was but he may well have been).

No so much about being intoxicated, most policies have a small excess.  So, unless it was a $1000USD designer name wallet, you wouldn't be lodging a claim.

If it's just an average priced wallet, and the cash inside it can not be claimed, there's no point even lodging a claim in the first place, regardless of the circumstances in which it was stolen or lost. 

ATM cards are canceled with a phone call, so are then worth nothing. 

2 hours ago, toenail said:

Are Indian men usually so “clueless”????—- or is it Pattaya attracts the 1st time tourist who lacks street-wise common sense? 

What about the thousands of westerners who marry prostitutes from Pattaya or the impoverished from Isaan and lose everything? The Chinese, Indians and most Asians seem to be more intelligent in this matter!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, saakura said:

What about the thousands of westerners who marry prostitutes from Pattaya or the impoverished from Isaan and lose everything? The Chinese, Indians and most Asians seem to be more intelligent in this matter!

And let's not forget those who buy bars.  ????

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The thief at first appeared very friendly, the Indian man said, even calling for a minivan to take the group back to their hotel.

27,000 THB buys loads of friends!

But, as was said earlier, what sort of a Muppet carries that amount around when out for an evening's entertainment anywhere in Thailand? 

D'Uh!!!  ????????