BANGKOK
webfact

Indian tourist robbed of 27,000 THB in Pattaya

83904889_943210836075981_7403738322188632064_n.jpg.b570baf0c8d83aa3437d8af756ba2faa.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

An Indian tourist in Pattaya says a transgender pickpocket robbed him of his wallet, which contained 27,000 baht.

The man told police that he was walking along Pattaya Beach with a group of friends when they were approached by transgender thief during the early hours of Tuesday morning.

The thief at first appeared very friendly, the Indian man said, even calling for a minivan to take the group back to their hotel. 

Once the minivan reached Soi 13/1 the transgender person jumped out claiming had to get his motorbike.

Once back at his hotel, the Indian man said he realised his wallet had been stolen.

He said the wallet contained 3,000 baht, US$700 and 7,500 Indian Rupees in cash.

The minivan driver took the man to Pattaya police station to report the theft.

Source: Siamchon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-28
  • Sad 1

I thought that everyone knew that while a katoey is interested in getting their hands on your crown jewels, they will happily take your valuables if that is what is on offer.

• Haha 2

My bet is that the Indian has an insurance policy covering theft, and intends to make good use of it 🙂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

My bet is that the Indian has an insurance policy covering theft, and intends to make good use of it 🙂

Most travel insurance policies cover very little cash, or no cash at all. 

• Like 2

I bet the group of friends were holding each others hand walking along pattaya beach.

Possibly dancing, running and singing...

Edited by spiekerjozef
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

How to stop a new business stream in its tracks.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Most travel insurance policies cover very little cash, or no cash at all. 

Yes and I wonder how many travel insurance policies cover you for losing your wallet after a night on the town in one of the world's biggest sex destinations and after getting into a vehicle with a ladyboy you just met a few seconds ago? I obviously don't know about Indian policies but in the UK most travel policies won't payout for losses incurred whilst intoxicated (not saying he was but he may well have been).

Edited by SteveK

Are Indian men usually so “clueless”????—- or is it Pattaya attracts the 1st time tourist who lacks street-wise common sense? 

• Like 2