Indian tourist robbed of 27,000 THB in Pattaya

webfact

23 hours ago, Leaver said:

And let's not forget those who buy bars.  ????

I don't want to go off on a tangent here. But in 2007 I was in Pattaya with my girlfriend and we met an English guy there who had bought a bar. We had been in his bar for a couple of hours buying drinks and playing pool before he came out to greet us. He was mid to late forties, I said he must be having the absolute time of his life, tropical weather, beautiful girls and a care-free lifestyle. He had pumped his life savings into a small-ish but seemingly popular bar, apparently after a nasty divorce from a horrible and greedy woman in the UK.

I will never forget his expression, he basically told me that his ship was sinking and buying a bar in Thailand was the worst mistake he had ever made. I saw not long after that his bar was not there any more from Google maps and always wonder what happened to that guy. Just another brick in the wall I suppose.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I know that story, but my 'horrible and greedy woman in the UK' didn't leave me enough to buy a bar.

As for the Indian tourist losing nearly 30k, I believe him, according to TaT that's only 3 days spending money.

There was one being given away for free recently.  Why didn't you take it?  ????

5 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

What a nasty bitter thing to say about anyone. You must be a hoot at parties with you, yourself and I. 

That old line, "you must be a laugh at parties" is up there with the line, "don't let the door hit you on the way out." 

What do you think happens to all the geezers that have burnt their bridges back home, and lost all their savings in Thailand?

Go on then, enlighten me.

Edited by Leaver