BANGKOK
digibum

Yellow Book - Wife's Property We Don't Live In?

17 hours ago, digibum said:

Yes, I got that process wrong.  I was thinking she would add me as residing in her book so that I could get a yellow book. 

You have to go to the local district office (amphoe) where you're actually staying and apply for the yellow house book. When you have the book you can apply for the pink ID-card. The ID-card just verifies that you have a yellow house book.

17 hours ago, digibum said:

Was mostly looking to do it to then get an ID card.  Was just reading another thread about someone having problems at Kasikorn getting a new debit card with a PIN because they wanted to see his passport from 22 years ago and some of the hassles he encountered as a result of some computer systems being set up to accept a Thai ID which never changes vs a passport which expires every 10 years. 

The guy with the K-Bank account should have updated his passport data at his branch when he got his new passport ages ago. It's common sense. A pink ID-card is only valid 10 years, unless you're 60 years old or older.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Wrong info.

A yellow house book is based upon a blue house book with consent of the head of household shown in it.

You do not have to be the owner

A good friend has a yellow book and I'd card he rents a condo in Pattaya as long as the lead name in blue book agrees no issue getting yellow book

On 1/28/2020 at 12:19 AM, digibum said:

Her Blue Book is from that property and I was wondering if it made sense to just have my wife add me so I can get a yellow book. 

Why you need a yellow book. 15-years in Thailand, never needed a yellow book for anything. Don't you have a a proper (with owner signed ID card) rental contract? That should be sufficient to establish your residency.

Edited by Vascoda

57 minutes ago, Vascoda said:

Why you need a yellow book. 15-years in Thailand, never needed a yellow book for anything. Don't you have a a proper (with owner signed ID card) rental contract? That should be sufficient to establish your residency.

As it saves any hassle when needing a certificate of residence. Just use the yellow book no more begging immigration and paying them tea money. Or getting the immigration officers look or indeed not having anything to do with smug Immigration officers who actually believe there own press.

Is my reason for having it