Yellow Book - Wife's Property We Don't Live In?

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I was advised to move my yellow housebook to Bangkok when applying for Thai citizenship. 

I think you're mistaken about a yellow book listing all who stay s at a property. 

Open your yellow book and have a look, page one is the property details, unique property ID number and address etc, the rest of the pages are to list non-thais that live at the property. Its not your yellow book its the yellow book of that property. If you or any other non-Thai registers that you live there, your name goes in the book. Same as a blue book for Thais, the book belongs to the property and lists Thais registered as living there. 

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think you're mistaken about a yellow book listing all who stay s at a property. 

He missed the 'every foreigner' words in his comment. The yellow book would include every foreigner listed as living at the address. Obviously, every Thai would be listed in the blue book.

Sorry, Peterw42 replied while I was still typing.

Edited by john terry1001
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They have his actual address as well. Special Branch Police in Bangkok encourage people to do it because they are aware of problems with getting it done at the provincial level.

Thanks Joe, I replied without seeing you had already.

Yes, the SB advised me to do this. The local Khon Kaen police also came round to say that I actually lived where I do.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

As I said, telling a fake address.  I imagine it could pose a problem if immigration/police want to do a home visit or send important documents to an address you dont live at, surely it would come to light eventually 

There is no law to say you have to live in the housebook you are registered in.

Some people have more than 1 house.