Prawit orders officials to act against those using fire to clear their fields

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Prawit orders officials to act against those using fire to clear their fields

Do not forget that many fires are lit by your employees, here, since they do not want to cut the grass, they wait for it to dry and then burn, I am not talking about tiny fires but fires that extend hundreds of meters along the highways!
I wish you a good job, general, there really is so much to do!

32 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

We went to our plot in Chaiyaphum last week. It's next to the mountains that border Petchabun.

After being in BKK which was very hazy and polluted as usual, I was hoping for a couple days of fresh air in the mountains...

Nope... Polluted haze everywhere and pink skies at night as the fires all around burned away !!!

It's all about economics, not health.... 

What the gentlemen don't understand is that they too will die because of this air!

17 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Are you certain of that? Usually the fire bans kick around mid February. If true it will be a problem for the villagers in our area. The government is coming out to measure land boundaries and the land that is not cleared can potentially be taken away. Because the government will say they are not farming it and someone else should have it.

We have a piece that we haven't used in a while, and we are cutting t down currently, but of course it will need to be burned if it is to be farmed. It is mountainside. And the same with our neighbors who are cutting down their uncleared land.

The ban usually starts March 1. This year, January 10.

Reference:
https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynews/local/air-pollution-situation-in-chiang-mai-is-becoming-serious/

Edited by judokrab
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Wow, one man fined and jailed out of how many?

Did that one man make the news?

Still burning away unencumbered in Isaan

You have reading comprehension issues. I wrote "Some people there have been arrested/jail

"some" ... not "one".

5 hours ago, judokrab said:

You have reading comprehension issues. I wrote "Some people there have been arrested/jail

"some" ... not "one".

Comprehend some out of a population of 70,000,000 million

Clueless. 

Fires still raging all over Isaan and not just some, ALL!

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 6:30 PM, farmerjo said:

Has he forgotten his people.

Abstract

Slash-and-burn agroecosystems are important to rural poor and indigenous peoples in the developing world. Ecologically sound slash-and-burn agriculture is sustainable because it does not depend upon outside inputs based on fossil energy for fertilizers, pesticides and irrigation.

The ash from burning returns potash to the soil, but as anyone researched whether discing and turning under the debris has a similar, or at any rate useful, effect over time?

• Like 2