BANGKOK
webfact

Thai evacuation plans on hold as ‘China confident it can control the situation’

Tell that one to the families of the concerned ones.....

On 1/29/2020 at 8:13 AM, Jimbo2014 said:

Outbreaks in 17 countries, 131 dead, nearly 6000 infections.  Exponential infection rate.  Going spiffy so far.

I prefer to keep it in context, it's been over a month since this virus was discovered, 131 dead, ~150,000 people die everyday from various causes, so 4,650,000 have died, 131 deaths are attributed to Corona, is this worth spending energy worrying about? not for me! 🙂 

On 1/29/2020 at 8:13 AM, Jimbo2014 said:

Outbreaks in 17 countries, 131 dead, nearly 6000 infections.  Exponential infection rate.  Going spiffy so far.

11,000+ infected, 230+ dead.

54 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

China/Thai same same but (no) different... both (clowns) confident that all is under control...... and yet infected cases numbers raises on a daily/hourly basis, but ALL under control

China hasn’t said anything about it being under control. Just the opposite. Xi said the situation was critical.

21 minutes ago, CGW said:

I prefer to keep it in context, it's been over a month since this virus was discovered, 131 dead, ~150,000 people die everyday from various causes, so 4,650,000 have died, 131 deaths are attributed to Corona, is this worth spending energy worrying about? not for me! 🙂 

Over 11,000 infected, over 200 dead. Both numbers raise daily and we are just now seeing it spread outside of China to non Chinese.

The reproduction value of this virus is double that of the flu as is the mortality rate. That means it is spreading faster and it’s more lethal than the common flu x2. Plus we still have the flu and everything else to deal with on top of this.

You can transmit the virus without showing symptoms and the virus can incubate for up to 14 days. 

If this continues to spread, hospitals will be filled to capacity, and staff over worked. This is where you will see even more people die. It’s already happening in China. The virus is not under control and there is no vaccine or cure. Your immune system either beats it or you die. If you have another illness and catch this, you’ll probably die.

There is a reason countries are stopping Chinese from entering, canceling flights, and quarantining people coming from the region. 60+ million Chinese locked down in their own country. They don’t do that for the common flu.

If this isn’t contained it is going to kill a lot of people.

• Like 1

A post containing unsubstantiated comments has been removed as well as the replies. 

The latest on this via Twitter:

If I'm not mistaken, Prawit was quoted yesterday in a different media as saying the plane was going to leave Thailand today (Saturday), which apparently turned out NOT to be the case. And Anutin was quoted today as saying the Saturday flight had indeed been postponed.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

20 hours ago, dcnx said:

11,000+ infected, 230+ dead.

14000+ over 300 today.... and so on 😞

21 hours ago, CGW said:

Infection rate similar to flue but 56 times mortality rate.  I still think the roads and pollution are much bigger immediate problems but maybe not in a month or two 😞.  Welcome to Toxic Thailand Land of Smog, Have a Corona and chill.

It's now been reported as highly infectious even after the patient has recovered they can still pass it on.china should af been on full lock down from day 1.looks like we all can expect to catch it.i spoke to a friend last night and I might be going to stay at his house when the first report of the virus hits udon thani.ill be taking my freezer and and stocking up for a few weeks with food n beer and staying in the mountains away from everyone as I have a heart condition and can do without this problem.

its not the virus that is the problem it's the governments and their incompetence that's the real problem.

8 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

It's now been reported as highly infectious even after the patient has recovered they can still pass it on

Where has this been reported?

23 hours ago, CGW said:

is this worth spending energy worrying about? not for me! 🙂 

Then why do you spend so much time working these boards trying to convince everyone to accept your pov?

10 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Then why do you spend so much time working these boards trying to convince everyone to accept your pov?

I worry about my fellow beings, I despair at their inability to think for themselves! If that is wrong or offensive to you I apologise 🙂 

30 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Where has this been reported?

I can't find the source but it was reported that one of the infected German still had a viral load in his mucus after recovery. 

Edited by Tayaout

14 minutes ago, CGW said:

I worry about my fellow beings, I despair at their inability to think for themselves! If that is wrong or offensive to you I apologise 🙂 

Wumao. Ka-Ching!