Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Swedish friends of ours need to do a visa run to obtain visa exemption for the last few weeks of their stay. We did the visa run to Myanmar via Ranong a couple of years ago and gave them details. They’ve done some research and believe Thai Immigration no longer allow this particular route. Can anyone provide definitive & up to date information on this. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to do a border run for a new 30 day visa exempt entry. They could apply for a 30 day extension at a immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

It is still possible to a crossing at Ranong for a new 30 day visa exempt entry it they want to do that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need to do a border run for a new 30 day visa exempt entry. They could apply for a 30 day extension at a immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

It is still possible to a crossing at Ranong for a new 30 day visa exempt entry it they want to do that.

They’ve been told by Hua Hin IO that they need to leave the country after 90 days of their current visa, non-Imm O visa I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, retayl said:

They’ve been told by Hua Hin IO that they need to leave the country after 90 days of their current visa, non-Imm O visa I think.

I assumed they were on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

Their only choice is to do a border hop.

From Hua Hin the nearest and best crossing is the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At Ranong they still can do a 'border run' NO VISA run, for a Visa they have to be at an embassy. Please use the right terms.

At Ranong the best place is the ANDAMAN CLUB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with using the Andaman Club.
I renewed my Multiple Entry Visa there on January 15.
Everything went smooth and easy. All friendly IO's that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, easydoor said:

At Ranong they still can do a 'border run' NO VISA run, for a Visa they have to be at an embassy. Please use the right terms.

At Ranong the best place is the ANDAMAN CLUB.

And FYI: You can convert a visa exempt or 60 days tourist visa to a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa at the local immigration office. So, it doesn't "have to be at an embassy." 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assumed they were on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

Their only choice is to do a border hop.

From Hua Hin the nearest and best crossing is the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar.

I agree with this - shorter journey and the turn around time for being stamped out/in is quicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

And FYI: You can convert a visa exempt or 60 days tourist visa to a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa at the local immigration office. So, it doesn't "have to be at an embassy." 

 oh please  . . . .  you should have added: "if you meet the requirements" !! 

 

 . .  are you aware of the financial requirements needed to follow your "advise" ?

 

I strongly doubt that somebody who previously entered as a tourist, is prepared for this, and does have all required documents at hand, plus meets the financial requirements, for a "conversion" at an Immigration office from an exempt entry or tourist visa to a Non-Imm-O  . . . .  no matter what purpose it might be applied for

Edited by crazygreg44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...