Coronavirus in Thailand: Should you be worried and do you need to wear a mask?

snoop1130

You don't need mask or hand sanitizer. You need vitamin C. 

https://healthimpactnews.com/2020/vitamin-c-protects-against-coronavirus/

Personally, I find wearing the mask totally ridiculous. It can't help u. Do u know how much unhealthy chemicals is in the hand sanitizer? Staffs in shopping malls and pubs and encouraging people to use hand sanitizer. Gosh.. 

The best way is to arm yourself with loads of vitamin C from real fruits and veggies. Organic if u may. Your immune system and your soul will thank each other. 

12 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Ok ... "Hand Sanitizer" ... You're welcome.

Never seen a Thai man or woman use this kind of trick;
I eat very often in a roadside boui-boui; people arrive, order their dish, sit down after taking a scrap cup and put some ice cubes in it and wait for the dish to arrive.
dirty hands of course ... before, during and after eating ...

Ditto in the food court of supermarkets since the toilets are generally very far and also very badly indicated.

3 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

The problem that Thailand is avoiding by doing the screening route is the 7 day incubation period. The temp check only gets those w the virus present but let’s in all those in the incubation period who are carriers 

but the ECONOMY 

Up to 14 days incubation

18 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Those paper masks made from a strip of toilet paper and 2 elastic bands make me laugh. Useless !

Here is what you need if you want to be safe - but who wants to wear one ?

With a positive pressure respirator, the air pressure inside the facepiece is greater than the air pressure outside the mask. If the seal between the face and mask is not tight, air leaks away from the worker's face. ... A powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR) is an example of a positive pressure respirator.

p.jpg

We have for usE when spraying in the orchard......to d@mned hot! I  was spraying chemi in the orchard one night a few years back and I  almost fainted. Definitely something to wear in an air conditioned environment.  

38 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

How about money? Can a virus survive long on bills or coins?

Great question. Here's a paper titled  Survival of Influenza Virus on Banknotes

The answer is: surprisingly well.

"The unexpected stability of influenza virus in this nonbiological environment suggests that unusual environmental contamination should be considered in the setting of pandemic preparedness."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Can you explain to me how we wash our hands in the thousands of places in Thailand where there is a market and street meals .....

Carry a small bottle of sanitizer. Speaking of which .. would chlorine or bleach work? I would guess the pharmacies will be out of the alcohol based gel next.

13 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Carry a small bottle of sanitizer. Speaking of which .. would chlorine or bleach work? I would guess the pharmacies will be out of the alcohol based gel next.

I would imagine bleach (undiluted) would certainly work, and probably leave your hands looking like slabs of raw meat if you left it on for any length of time!

1 hour ago, Bkkthebest said:

What about your eyes? 

Well it’s sort of the same way people take precautions against radiation poisoning. This doesn’t stop every germ obviously but for a health care worker around sick patients all the time it could make a huge difference. Same way nothing totally stops all radiation all you can do is reduce your exposure. I wouldn’t want to be a nurse in China right now. 

Edited by RoiEtDale

3 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

It depends where ..
I do not live in Thailand but in Isaan ....

I hope you understand the finesse of my answer ...:crazy:
and I don't wear a stupid mask;

Well not mask and not soap you living dangerous man on your country ????

Dear members

I have been informed there is no successful antibiotics for this virus and l have this in writing from a laboratory in Melbourne Australia. It's highly contagious and invades dry areas. Drink water slowly do not allow a dry throat. All these reports are fake. Very dangerous indeed. Not sure if l can post the letter here.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Dear members

I have been informed there is no successful antibiotics for this virus and l have this in writing from a laboratory in Melbourne Australia. It's highly contagious and invades dry areas. Drink water slowly do not allow a dry throat. All these reports are fake. Very dangerous indeed. Not sure if l can post the letter here.

Thailand already has the cure hence the "we have it 100% under control" statement a few days ago !!

21 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Dear members

Sir, if you are well informed enough.. The last time I check, antibiotics is to get rid of BACTERIA, not virus. Antibiotics are useless towards virus.. U want prevention? Then load yourself with lots of vitamin C from fruits and veggies. 

12 minutes ago, Bkkthebest said:

Sir, if you are well informed enough.. The last time I check, antibiotics is to get rid of BACTERIA, not virus. Antibiotics are useless towards virus.. U want prevention? Then load yourself with lots of vitamin C from fruits and veggies. 

Correct forgive my mistake in wording they recommend vitamin c also. But your the man ok lol

24 minutes ago, Bkkthebest said:

U want prevention? Then load yourself with lots of vitamin C from fruits and veggies. 

A bit late now, if you eat 20 carrots and down a jar of vit C, all you're going to get is yellow <deleted>. Immunity system is like a muscle, it needs constant exercise, sleep and good nutrition to keep working. In other words, healthy lifestyle. Too late to hit the gym now, what you did last year might mean something.

• Like 1

Some posts containing unsubstantiated content have been removed. Please provide a valid link to the source of information when posting.

Some troll posts have been removed. 

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Chlorine bleach, sodium hypochlorite, kills the virus well but it's significantly slower than alcohol. It's also decomposed by contact with organic material like skin. We bought some for disinfecting around the house.  Alcohol is better for hands.

We didn't buy the gel type because its expensive. I think regular 'blue' rubbing alcohol is just as good if you make sure to keep your hands wet long enough.  Or use a wet paper towel soaked in alcohol.