New rule allows growth of cannabis plants

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, TheDark said:

So we are finally allowed to grow and consume weed.. just before we are about to be wiped out by the coronavirus. 

If there is a mighty one, she sure has grim sense of humour.  

At least we get to go out on on a high!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, unamazedloso said:

It is for hemp people. What a waste of time!! I dont need to make cloths, i wana get ripped!!!!. I got the land, dam it!!

I'm curious as to why people think it is about the hemps side and whats driving that line of thought as there is no mention of hemp in the article.Is it because they are letting us be able to grow so much?During the whole process of this I don't think I've seen hemp mentioned once by the administration.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm curious as to why people think it is about the hemps side and whats driving that line of thought as there is no mention of hemp in the article.Is it because they are letting us be able to grow so much?During the whole process of this I don't think I've seen hemp mentioned once by the administration.

https://www.thairath.co.th/news/politic/1758341

It comes from here, which you can Google translate.  Notice all the references to bark, stem, fibers, paper and biomass energy. It does not appear to specifically rule out certain species with medicinal properties, but individuals are very unlikely to be a given a license to grow that variety.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, pmh2009 said:

how much for the cannabis license??????????????????????????????????

Well considering that the new regulation (as it's being called) is intended for the poor farmers to supplement their income I think the cost will be minimal. 

22 minutes ago, pmh2009 said:

how much for the cannabis license??????????????????????????????????

Alas... https://www.samuiforsale.com/other-miscellaneous/prohibited-occupations-for-foreigners.html

Work in agriculture, animal husbandry, forestry or fishery excluding specialized work in each particular branch or farm supervision

But worry not, I think Quality Assurance Officer would fall under specialized work.