New rule allows growth of cannabis plants

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And don't post the silly pictures of the 20 pound plants, those won't grow here.

Maybe you're doing something wrong?I grew a humungous plant in they wettest year we had on record in OZ when we had our years average rainfall before the end of Feb which was 2.0 meters and it kept raining for another three months so I would like to see for myself if it's possible to do it here.2 weeks after I harvested a lot of the leaves hadn't even wilted it was that wet,but no signs of rot and it was a Sativa plant which is more suited to humid conditions.Our average rainfall was 60 inches and it's 54.3 inches here in Yasothon. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Assuming you want to go with photoperiods, then one mother and 5 clones would make six, I guess.

The government might sell cuttings, if only to standardize the genetics?

And don't post the silly pictures of the 20 pound plants, those won't grow here.

yeah I thought that was pretty obvious hence my ???? reaction at the end.

And who posted pictures of 20lb yielding plants? Not me. One thing is for sure, if it ever became a reality then its an indoor grow room with more than enough yield for me ... a used to be stoner/grower.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

yeah I thought that was pretty obvious hence my ???? reaction at the end.

And who posted pictures of 20lb yielding plants? Not me. One thing is for sure, if it ever became a reality then its an indoor grow room with more than enough yield for me ... a used to be stoner/grower.

So will you be entering the Thaivisa Growers championships?

6 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

For sure! Its been nearly twenty years but at one time I was pretty serious about my pot. Northern light #5 x Haze was my crowning glory. I'm sure the strains have evolved quite a bit since then though.

They have evolved somewhat but from my research Northern lights is still up there with the best.It's been about twenty years for me I just hope they make it legal before Alzheimer's gets me and I forget my methods.Heaps of manure and a brew of chicken and fresh manure and urine to add as liquid fertiliser and sh!t loads of water. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Maybe you're doing something wrong?I grew a humungous plant in they wettest year we had on record in OZ

I'm not doing anything.

And when I say "here" I mean Thailand.

15 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

And who posted pictures of 20lb yielding plants?

Someone always posts them when discussions turn towards "six-plants".

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm not doing anything.

And when I say "here" I mean Thailand.

Someone always posts them when discussions turn towards "six-plants".

I assumed you meant "here" as in Thailand,and I'm wondering if they have ditched the six plant rule and gone with the 1 Rai option instead.I wonder how many twenty pound plants I can grow in one Rai?About 100 with a quick calc in my untrustworthy head.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

1 minute ago, namatjira said:

It’s all positive news , as for strict controls, don’t forget to wear your crash helmet, once the genie is out of the bottle...wishes will come true.

Thanks for the timely warning Albert!Always been a fan of yours.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

14 hours ago, briansbiology said:

liver disease. obesity and hangovers dont sound so smart though.....

Brilliant. False dichotomy, but hey you knew that because weed smokers are geniuses.

Lung cancer, brain rot, laziness, obesity, lethargy, general lack of ambition. Stupidity.

DOESN'T sound especially clever.

25 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Brilliant. False dichotomy, but hey you knew that because weed smokers are geniuses.

Lung cancer, brain rot, laziness, obesity, lethargy, general lack of ambition. Stupidity.

DOESN'T sound especially clever.

Yeah people should do LSD. Jobs got his best ideas that way.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Yeah people should do LSD. Jobs got his best ideas that way.

The only genius Steve Jobs had was to essentially take the Apple OS and imbed it in a phone. At the time there were plenty of interesting phones and PDA on the market.

The product is not unique whatsoever. Android phones now power the real worlds needs and if Jobs' engineers did not come up with the goods the world would not have skipped a beat.

It was and remains Apple's one trick pony. Apple has produced a number of horrible, overpriced products and it has had many engineering and marketing blunders.

Everything else APPL sells other than the phones are fanboi niche.

As for Jobs. He was forced out of his own company because he was a supreme axxhole. He founded NeXt which failed. He forced Apple to buy NeXt. By all accounts especially his daughter he was an abject failure at being a father despite all the money in the world.

It's one thing to smoke a bit of weed now and then (where the legal implications are small to nill), quite another to smoke it daily. That's especially true now over the weed say from the 70s.

I will be absolutely shocked if weed if fully legalized in the country. I doubt seriously that foreigners will ever be allowed to posses ganja let alone grow it.

Edited by Number 6
  • Haha 1

As for hemp, it will never be exported unless it's made into products and competitive at market value. Once again Thailand is twenty years behind the curve. No surprise there. What nation can't grow it's own hemp? It's literally a weed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

As for hemp, it will never be exported unless it's made into products and competitive at market value. Once again Thailand is twenty years behind the curve. No surprise there. What nation can't grow it's own hemp? It's literally a weed.

Hemp material and products have been available in Thailand for a long time.  There are companies here that already export their handmade products around the world.  Until recently, hemp fibre had to be sourced abroad but because of new legislation, Thailand will grow hemp and produce their own fibre for product manufacture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

It's literally a weed.

weed
/wēd/
noun

1. a wild plant growing where it is not wanted and in competition with cultivated plants.

There you go you're right you don't want weed therefore it's a weed at least for you,me on the other hand I do want it therefore it's not a weed but a valuable commodity.So it turns out that weed is literally a weed and not a weed at the same time according to this google search definition of weed.
    As for foreigners not being allowed to grow or possess ganja in Thailand you rightly doubt it will happen just as I doubted a couple of years ago that Thailand would let anybody grow ganja yet here we are today on the verge of people being not only allowed but encouraged to grow it.
    It's my hope that one day soon (maybe in the next 5 years) that you will be "absolutely shocked" meaning we will be able to grow and possess weed.
    When the new laws arrive all will be as clear as mud I suspect as I predict a long drawn out process and to be honest I'm a little shocked at the pace of which Thailand has moved on this.

6 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:
weed
/wēd/
noun

1. a wild plant growing where it is not wanted and in competition with cultivated plants.

There you go you're right you don't want weed therefore it's a weed at least for you,me on the other hand I do want it therefore it's not a weed but a valuable commodity.So it turns out that weed is literally a weed and not a weed at the same time according to this google search definition of weed.
    As for foreigners not being allowed to grow or possess ganja in Thailand you rightly doubt it will happen just as I doubted a couple of years ago that Thailand would let anybody grow ganja yet here we are today on the verge of people being not only allowed but encouraged to grow it.
    It's my hope that one day soon (maybe in the next 5 years) that you will be "absolutely shocked" meaning we will be able to grow and possess weed.
    When the new laws arrive all will be as clear as mud I suspect as I predict a long drawn out process and to be honest I'm a little shocked at the pace of which Thailand has moved on this.

Are you really that ignorant. The plant grows wild and unloved on roadsides throughout Asia and even along rivers and canals in the United States. They nickname weed became so because it is in fact a weed. Its not just some cute hippy slang. There is obviously curated and hybrid strains that get you high. It's all cannabis, the leaves are identical.

Pronounce? What does my being able to pronounce the word correctly have anything to with the issue. Considering I have taught competitive speaking on occasion and coached many a student in Thai national competitions, I'd say my pronunciation is above par.

Thailand definitely does not need a bunch of farang potheads high AF driving from pub to pub on scooters in CM and Pattaya. Like I said it will never be legal for farang if for no other reason than to allow copsvto shake them down. I can only imagine what will happen to the farang involved in causing serious accident with high levels of the in system. Thais will go nuts.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Pronounce? What does my being able to pronounce the word correctly have anything to with the issue.

"Learn to pronounce" came with the material I copied and pasted from my google search and must be a link for those who wish to learn to pronounce the word my apologies if you thought I was directing it at you as I wasn't.Of course it's a weed but it is also a valued commodity.The way the tourism industry is being affected by this virus thing maybe Thailand could do with a few extra falang to help pay the bills for those struggling with the current situation.I too have seen not only hemp but all three species of cannabis growing all over Asia along roadsides in carparks in tourist camps in cultivated crops (not considered a weed if cultivated).I'm not disputing that it is a weed I'm saying that it is considered both a weed and a valued crop.Please show me where it's growing unwanted then I will call it a weed,just because it grows on the roadside doesn't necessarily mean it's not wanted. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If it's a weed, why is it so damned hard to grow?

Are you saying the stuff you grow is "unwanted" like "a" weed?I would have added to grow well.Growing it well is definitely the hard part,If you grow it well it will no doubt become wanted and then cease to be "a" weed and miraculously become "the weed" a trendy Hippy term referring to good quality "sh!t". 

10 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

"Learn to pronounce" came with the material I copied and pasted from my google search and must be a link for those who wish to learn to pronounce the word my apologies if you thought I was directing it at you as I wasn't.Of course it's a weed but it is also a valued commodity.The way the tourism industry is being affected by this virus thing maybe Thailand could do with a few extra falang to help pay the bills for those struggling with the current situation.I too have seen not only hemp but all three species of cannabis growing all over Asia along roadsides in carparks in tourist camps in cultivated crops (not considered a weed if cultivated).I'm not disputing that it is a weed I'm saying that it is considered both a weed and a valued crop.Please show me where it's growing unwanted then I will call it a weed,just because it grows on the roadside doesn't necessarily mean it's not wanted. 

The only thing that makes it a valuable commodity is that is it illegal. Have a look at the plunge in prices in the Emerald Triangle.

Drug dealers aren't astute busines people they are dealing in high profit illegal commodities.

It's growing by the sides of the road entirely unwanted in Nepal, Pakistan as well as Himachal Pradesh and a dozen other Indian states. It will get you plenty high by the locals that do smoke which are few wouldn't touch the stuff preferring hashish the final product. None of the road weed is gathered in the production of hashish. Even the old hippies in India don't touch the rubbish.

Myanmar and parts of Lao as well.

20 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

The only thing that makes it a valuable commodity is that is it illegal

Are you being serious?

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/cannabis-canada-pot-industry-adds-8-26b-to-canada-s-gdp-1.1324939

I'm done with your buffoonary ???? have a good day.

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1