New rule allows growth of cannabis plants

snoop1130

34 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Are you being serious?

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/cannabis-canada-pot-industry-adds-8-26b-to-canada-s-gdp-1.1324939

I'm done with your buffoonary ???? have a good day.

You obviously know little about this subject. It's all shipped to areas in which it is still illegal. Growers in CA ship all over the country. Many of the old timers actually voted against legalisation.

My friends in CA were barely breaking even BEFORE legalisation there was so much weed being grown. It's expensive to farm large scale, good weed and often involves many parties.

Further, in Canada it may have contributed 25B to the economy (well, profit) prior, it's proceeds actually been greatly reduced as it's now legal. Reduced to the legal 8.25B.

You act as though it's some brand new product. It's anything but.

Then you'll need to square this circle - for people that don't get high AF on that sh!+ that commodity is absolutely worthless.

Edited by Number 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Are you familiar with the benefits that "weed" brings to suffers of illnesses like epilepsy and various other ailments?

This is a red herring. In most cases preparations and tinctures can be made. The need to smoke weed is highly dubious.

I presume this pot smoking lot is not concerned with the air pollution. That smoke has to be three times worse. Then drawing into ones lungs and holding it as long as possible. It's fine as a stupid kid. People over 50 should really have a clue. Then you get the idiot Europeans that mix tobacco and ganja. Pure genius there.

Edited by Number 6
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

This is a red herring. In most cases preparations and tinctures can be made. The need to smoke weed is highly dubious.

I presume this pot smoking lot is not concerned with the air pollution. That smoke has to be three times worse. Then drawing into ones lungs and holding it as long as possible. It's fine as a stupid kid. People over 50 should really have a clue. Then you get the idiot Europeans that mix tobacco and ganja. Pure genius there.

For one who professes such objections to weed you seem well versed and I might suggest experienced in the subject.I also notice you do resort to name calling as if you feel you are of a higher class of person than those who choose to alter their mind with weed.Do you also consider those whom imbibe in alcoholic stimulants to achieve a similar state of altered mind to be of a similar lower class idiot?

Edited by FarFlungFalang

40 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

For one who professes such objections to weed you seem well versed and I might suggest experienced in the subject.I also notice you do resort to name calling as if you feel you are of a higher class of person than those who choose to alter their mind with weed.Do you also consider those whom imbibe in alcoholic stimulants to achieve a similar state of altered mind to be of a similar lower class idiot?

My issue is this

Grown adults, many well above 40 years of age on this board seeking out drugs to get high in a foreign country which they are illegal. Further, the health hazards of ingesting the smoke should be keenly understood by adults close to or actually drawing old age pensions. One smokes ganja to get high. You can have a drink every hour and not get drunk, perhaps more. Anyone damaging their bodies with alcohol is also a problem although alcoholism runs in families.

I believe alcohol in moderation does far less damage to mental capacity, clear headedness, ambition and motivation.

Yes, I've known a few tokers in my life. Many have gone nowhere and done nothing. Others simply failed to reach potential, stunted emotional maturity.

Then there's the issue if having it around children.

Nations are legalizing it to keep people lethargic and unmotivated. Make no mistake. Keep your wits about you for your financial survival as well as Democracy. If you're in a foreign country - staying out of jail should be motivation enough for a reasonably intelligent person.

PS Actually I literally do not trust non religious people that do not drink alcohol (unless they are alcoholic).

Edited by Number 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ok ... i'll bite.

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Grown adults, many well above 40 years of age on this board seeking out drugs to get high in a foreign country which they are illegal. Further, the health hazards of ingesting the smoke should be keenly understood by adults close to or actually drawing old age pensions. One smokes ganja to get high. You can have a drink every hour and not get drunk, perhaps more. Anyone damaging their bodies with alcohol is also a problem although alcoholism runs in families.

Firstly I havn't smoked for many years because of legallity. I choose to live here so I abide by their rules, but who are you to tell someone what they can or can't do to their bodies. Alcohol causes far more problems for society and health. Drink driving and alcohol related violence are huge problems. And whilst I never drove high, when I did smoke I can tell you that no matter how much I smoked I never lost the ability to walk or make reasonable decisions unlike many drunk people on a weekend.

11 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Yes, I've seen a few times in my life. Many have gone nowhere and done nothing. Others simply failed to reach potential, stunted emotional maturity.

I have known people that meet these criteria, but I also know many others that did well in life. One of my friends(a massive smoker) is the CFO of a huge world bank( bankers are another issue completely, but the point is he is a normal human being that has done well for himself).

16 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Then there's the issue if having it around children.

Agreed .. Weed, Alcohol and all drugs should be kept away from kids! 

15 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Nations are legalizing it to keep people lethargic and unmotivated. Make no mistake. Keep your word about you for your financial survival as well as Democracy.

Nonsense! 

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

I'd vape, but it's against the law.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

PS Actually I literally do not trust non religious people that do not drink alcohol (unless they are alcoholic).

I'm glad you cleared that one up as it did briefly occur to me you might be a bit of a zealot but that didn't figure as no religious references and to much knowledge about it and came to the conclusion that you are just passionate about your objections which is cool as some friends in my pothead surfer days didn't drink or smoke (weed or tobacco).I have enjoyed the argument so far.

23 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Errrr....right.

Someone seems to think they know everything!

25 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Must be some sh!+ weed. The poor decisions made by weed heads are still made long after they've come down.

Or you must know some proper helmets. Seems more likely from where I sit.

• Haha 2

I'm not 100% clear on the allowable mix between "Industrial" and "CBD" here as a result of this "proposal"?

~ 87% of the hemp production in the U.S. goes towards CBD. There are Cannabis Sativa L. varieties which are low CBD (less than 1%) which can be used for industrial purposes, with other varieties which are high in CBD (~ 20%) and used for CBD extraction (and some CBD flower). All legal hemp varieites must be at or below 0.3% THC.

If I had to guess, the government will hand out industrial hemp seeds/cuttings to farmers, and let big ag/pharma handle CBD hemp growing/extraction?

Regarding Cannabis, local legal growing (home or commerical, if approved) may require specific "government approved" genetics, with only Thai landraces and/or recent back-crosses with Thai landraces. Another guess, 6-plants, if approved, would require one to register to get approved seeds or cuttings. 

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Regarding Cannabis, local legal growing (home or commerical, if approved) may require specific "government approved" genetics, with only Thai landraces and/or recent back-crosses with Thai landraces. Another guess, 6-plants, if approved, would require one to register to get approved seeds or cuttings. 

How could they possibly tell what plant you were growing, or it's 'genetics'?

They all look the same for the first 6 weeks, and there's no THC/CBD content until they've been flowering a while.

(So a friend tells me)

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They all look the same for the first 6 weeks, and there's no THC/CBD content until they've been flowering a while.

(So a friend tells me)

If they are handing out cuttings the plant will be identical to the mother they came from.

Just now, BritManToo said:

How would 'they' know the cutting 'they' handed out, is the cutting you have in your garden/field/window box 2 weeks later?

Well thats a different story. I guess if they come for a visit and you have donkey dicks hanging from the stems then they'll know you arn't using their cuttings. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

They all look the same for the first 6 weeks,

Speculating on methods of enforcement, for rules which were themselves speculation seems like a collosal waste of time.

Obviously indica and sativa strains have different physical appearances (leaf width for example). 

One apsect of the 6-plants (Cannabis/THC) proposal is that people can sell their crop (back) to the government. I merely speculated that the government might want to control the input?

Who knows when/if 6-plants will happen, and how it will be regulated?  All my speculation is colored by local Thai forums, so I'm filtering my guesses with that imperfect lens.

Maybe when the hemp regulations are rolled out, and put into practice, we'll have a better feel for how 6-plants might be implemented? I doubt foreigners will be allowed to participate. Yes, I know many have Thai spouses.

• Like 1

Just now, mtls2005 said:

Speculating on methods of enforcement, for rules which were themselves speculation seems like a collosal waste of time.

Not really as I used to play a shed load of chess and analysing as many possible scenarios seems to me to be quite beneficial or as a friend used to say time spent in recognisance is time well spent! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They all look the same to me, until they start to flower.

It's pretty easy as Indica = short fat leaves =couch lock body stone(difficult to get off the couch like short fat people and my apologies if you're short and fat) and Sativa = long and slender leaves = a more heady happy high stone (like a tall thin person with his head high in the clouds).

On 1/31/2020 at 11:07 AM, overherebc said:

Not locking people up for breaking the law in any country is clever then?

I honestly don't care if people choose to walk around with a Bob Marley sized joint in their lips, it's their choice but calling a country's law stupid just because you think it is, is your decision. Just tell the policeman who busts you for that he is as stupid as the law.

so there are no stupid laws? nobody can criticize any authority then? my goodness, you are a good little boy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 10:33 PM, Number 6 said:

Brilliant. False dichotomy, but hey you knew that because weed smokers are geniuses.

Lung cancer, brain rot, laziness, obesity, lethargy, general lack of ambition. Stupidity.

DOESN'T sound especially clever.

brain rot? yeah sounds really stupid. saying such terms is defo stupid we can agree. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, briansbiology said:

so there are no stupid laws? nobody can criticize any authority then? my goodness, you are a good little boy. 

Of course there are stupid laws. Don't blame me for them.

Tell the police or your MP.  Why not get all your friends together and go have a big 'smoke in'  outside your local police station or MP's office.

If you're clever enough you might even buy some real weed and not the hemp that will be all over the market soon.

Edited by overherebc

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Of course there are stupid laws. Don't blame me for them.

Tell the police or your MP.  Why not get all your friends together and go have a big 'smoke in'  outside your local police station or MP's office.

If you're clever enough you might even buy some real weed and not the hemp that will be all over the market soon.

good lord, what a projection. Nobody with a brain capable of that imagination needs weed. so if I think prostitution should be legal I should get a bunch of ladies and do a <deleted>-in outside the police station? Hahahah you are funny. 

30 minutes ago, briansbiology said:

good lord, what a projection. Nobody with a brain capable of that imagination needs weed. so if I think prostitution should be legal I should get a bunch of ladies and do a <deleted>-in outside the police station? Hahahah you are funny. 

Sounds like a good idea. A big 'love in' on beach road. I'd wait till the road works are finished first. You wouldn't want anyone to get a dusty bum would you.

PS.

Which one of us is talking about this seriously.

Hint.

It's not me.

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 11:58 PM, gamesgplayemail said:

Not even worth trying to explain you what anybody with a brain already knows how wrong you are.

If it's not worth to interact with me, why are you posting your nonsense comment and making a fool of yourself ? ????