Permanent Residency - work abroad?

Perhaps anyone knows, appreciate any info you may have. 

I have Thai PR, but may have to relocate for new employment abroad, at least temporarily. Is it possible to retain the PR despite working abroad and if yes what would need doing?

For example limiting the employment periods to certain max time, or teavelling in/out of Thailand at least X times per year or similar?

Thanks

On 1/28/2020 at 5:53 PM, ubonjoe said:

It would have no effect on your permanent residency as long a you don't stay out of the country longer than a year.

Sorry... I don't have it myself... but  I thought it was cannot be out of country more than 180 days... please let me know if I am wrong.

3 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Sorry... I don't have it myself... but  I thought it was cannot be out of country more than 180 days... please let me know if I am wrong.

It is one year since that is how long the non quota immigrant visa is valid for.

Not sure where you got the 180 day number from.

180 days had originally been in my mind also, but i could not find any official source for this. Perhaps it was from tax residency, for which 180 days+ in a country is typically the threshold. But for the PR itself the 1 year visa seems to be all that matters.