UK's no-deal Brexit ad blitz did not leave Britain better prepared - watchdog

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, samran said:

Come tomorrow, Gibraltar is the only place on the continent you’ll be legally allowed to live with minimal paperwork! 

Yes but look on the bright side Samran, when door one door closes another door opens, there will be greater freedom of movement between the UK and our Aus/NZ friends, play your cards right you could end up with a Brit as a next door neighbour, you'd like that I'm sure.????????????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes but look on the bright side Samran, when door one door closes another door opens, there will be greater freedom of movement between the UK and our Aus/NZ friends, play your cards right you could end up with a Brit as a next door neighbour, you'd like that I'm sure.????????????

Oh, I am...

As long as they bathe frequently and have a reasonable set of teeth, I have no issues. 

Not sure it will happen though, our version of the Tories have already said ‘no’. We’ll end up with your dregs (the irony!). 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/07/brexit-australian-trade-minister-cant-imagine-visa-free-travel-deal-with-uk

On the upside, I’m betting the UK will be needing to let more of us in so will make the rules a lot easier. This is what you call ‘taking back control’, right?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

right

you put your salary at stake - enjoy

over the past 3 + years so many reasonably important issues have been resolved or have ended up quite

differently from expected and predicted

not sure this trade deal issue is much different

No-deal Brexit was always long odds and that proved correct. Hard Brexit fell at the last fence and tomorrow we don't have that nonsense to deal with. No point lining up on short odds of what are now shortening odds of 2/7 (from 2/5) for a trade deal. There will be a trade deal just as there was an exit deal notwithstanding the usual Hard Brexiteer grandstanding. However they can go for a no-deal (again) by the end of this year to double down on their losses. Odds for no-deal are 19/10 and drifting so the Hard Brexiteers can go for it and try to even things up a bit. ????????

Edited by SheungWan