How to check if blacklisted

czulsk

Hello all,

I was just in Chiang Mai and now leaving to Bangkok.  My gf just had a situation at my hotel before we left and now we are all shaking over it.  

We are currently traveling in Thailand. Our 1st stay at a hotel. We have already checked out and asked the owner if we may leave our luggage. She said yes and talk to her staff.  Which we did and had no problem.   

This hotel is small and located in a small alley near Old Town.  It has 2 buildings 1 for the reception and 2 nd building for breakfast and guests.   You will need to type a 4 digit passcode to enter.  So we ask the staff to check out to and leave the luggage at the 2nd building. 

When we return we used the password to enter the building and the go to the dining area where the bathroom was, which was locked. My gf couldn’t wait and ran upstairs to use the bathroom in the last room we stayed at. The room was left open and not clean. My gf thought use the toilet quickly. The owner returned and ran upstairs. She started to yell at her.  She said she called the police and put us on the blacklist.  

We try to talk and ask to pay a fee. She refused. The police never talked to us nor came.  Also, We needed to leave and catch our train.  She knew we needed to catch the train and told us to leave because she didn’t want to be stuck in traffic.  We had 1 hour to to catch the train and told us to leave or we will miss it.  Also, she added we can still travel.

I even asked her what is blacklist and what is the penalty.  She  couldn’t explain and keep explaining depends on how our country will handle it. 1st time maybe a warning or pay fee.   So we left confused and worried.   She still trying to be polite, say thank you, and things. 

We honestly didn’t know anything because we were paid customers. 

What can we do to find out we are on the blacklist for probably trespassing?

thank you,

czulsk

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

She said she called police.  The police didn’t speak to us nor they came by.  

it all happened in like all 15 minute span. She told us to leave so we wouldn’t be stuck in traffic or miss the train.  

Maybe she was upset that she founded out her staff members left the door open and didn’t finish cleaning. She probably wanted to lock it. 

Sounds like she lost it for some reason, then later tried to be nice out of fear that you would leave a bad review on tripadvisor.  These little hotels live in fear of one negative, or even average review on tripadvisor.  She's more scared than you are. 

You are not on a blacklist for this.

Try to forget it and enjoy the rest of your stay.

They had 4 hours all afternoon to clean and lock the door. Who knows my gf could of lost something in the room. Out fear she just ran back to double check. 

anyway the dump comment was really funny.  

Thank you everyone. This was really encouraging.  

cheers,

czulsk 

Wow, I am sorry but you are displaying a complete ignorance not only of Thailand but of life itself. Yes the hotel owner was angry with your gf for using the bathroom, she felt you were trespassing. If she wishes she can blacklist you from her small hotel, so what. Neither she or the police have any influence on immigration issues. You have absolutely 100% nothing to worry about. Get on with life enjoy your holiday.

Aliens falling into any of the following categories are excluded from entering the Kingdom

6. Having been imprisoned by a judgement of a Thai court or by a lawful injunction or by a judgement of a court of foreign country, except for punishment for petty offence or offence committed through negligence...

Immigration Act B.E.2522

On 1/28/2020 at 7:40 PM, czulsk said:

it all happened in like all 15 minute span. She told us to leave so we wouldn’t be stuck in traffic or miss the train.  

Maybe she was upset that she founded out her staff members left the door open and didn’t finish cleaning. She probably wanted to lock it. 

Sounds Bi-Polar

On 1/28/2020 at 8:00 PM, Kelsall said:

Sounds like she lost it for some reason, then later tried to be nice out of fear that you would leave a bad review on tripadvisor.  These little hotels live in fear of one negative, or even average review on tripadvisor.  She's more scared than you are. 

You are not on a blacklist for this.

Try to forget it and enjoy the rest of your stay.

TA the hell outta that Dump, Name and Shame , review when you return home so no drama

On 1/28/2020 at 7:40 PM, czulsk said:

Just forget about it. 

26 minutes ago, Caldera said:

The only thing that surprises me about this story is that the hag didn't take money when it was offered.

Wellll, it might’ve been too nasty and no amount of money is worth that especially if she didn’t flush or if she might’ve stopped up the toilet.