Road construction continues to be a menace to residents and tourists

Rimmer

Road construction continues to be a menace to residents and tourists

Pattaya-News-4-N-Jan-24-01-Pratumnak-ove

PATTAYA:--There seems to be no end in sight as road digging continues on practically every road in Pattaya. There is little or no concern for the inconveniences of the residents and tourists, and the disrupting of desperately needed businesses during the busy high season, covering both the New Year and the Chinese New Year holidays.

Receiving a constant stream of complaints, reporters inspected the construction site in the Pratamnak Road area around Kasetsin Soi 5, at the top of the big Buddha hill, and saw that it was in a sorry state of affairs.

The contractors closed Rajchawaroon Road leading to the Royal Varuna Yacht Club and diverted all traffic through smaller sois to exit at Soi Kasetsin 5. Cars, motorbikes and tour busses were all scrambling to beat each other through the traffic, causing utter confusion and snarls, clouds of dust and dirt.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/road-construction-continues-to-menace-residents-and-tourists-285568

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2020-01-28—

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Pattaya is a city with the constant infrastructure construction and upgrades that other, similar-sized cities the world over require. Digging up roads to do this is a necessity, just as it is everywhere else in the world. I don't see this expansion and ultimate long-term improvement as being the problem here. It's the lack of proper planning for traffic management and the lack of involvement by the police in that management. TiT.

Do they also have to replace the whole drainsystem in other city's every few years???

Where i am from we did that once 50 years ago and they are still fine...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Youlike said:

Do they also have to replace the whole drainsystem in other city's every few years???

Where i am from we did that once 50 years ago and they are still fine...

When was the last time they replaced the "whole drainsystem" in Pattaya?

No?

Anyone?

8 hours ago, DefaultName said:

They can't really wait, once rainy season comes, they have to stop.

As long as they do a proper fix and not a 6-month-job, I'll be happy to put up with it.

I live in that area... It's been going on for long in excess of 6 months. I feel so sorry for businesses in the area. I'm wondering, will they ever clean up construction materials when finished. The mess is everywhere, now working on top end of pratumnak rd.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Pattaya is a city with the constant infrastructure construction and upgrades that other, similar-sized cities the world over require. Digging up roads to do this is a necessity, just as it is everywhere else in the world. I don't see this expansion and ultimate long-term improvement as being the problem here. It's the lack of proper planning for traffic management and the lack of involvement by the police in that management. TiT.

Yes.

Probably the same complainers who say no infrastructure improvements ever are constructed in Thailand.

I am in Chiang Mai now there must be at least 10 major projects going on in and around the city.

Slow but progressing.

The mitigation of the traffic during most of these projects however is poor surprised there are not more accidents.

Edited by bkk6060

Anyone know the status of the big drain pipe that was to be laid along the railway road from Khao Talo to Hua Yai.

I notice those works were halted almost a year ago, with the railway road for the biggest part now reduced to 1 lane only and the other lanes an unfinished construction site, causing of course a lot of traffic issues.

Let's hope the works in Pattaya also don't get halted half way through.

3 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

WHAT safety barriers.......???????!!!

They do not know what these are....or if they did they DO NOT know how or where to put them.....!!

They put them all around the edges at The Central Festival Beach Rd to stop the jumpers.

18 hours ago, newnative said:

After they finish they will be back again in a few months to dig things up again to bury the wires.  That, apparently, is what is being done on North Pattaya Road now.

Digging up again ? And is that going to be a new "phase'  or a continuation of the "final phase" above ? Lost track here on these wire projects because after the phases the wires are still there.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1083201-final-phase-of-north-road-wire-burying-project-begins-march-11/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Leaver said:

I actually would have said around 30%.  Do you really think it's as low as 15%?  I'm talking pre virus.  Post virus, you could be right.  

I was joking, but yesterday went to China Town off 2nd Road.  It was a 'Deserted Village': no coaches; no people; no business.

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

I was joking, but yesterday went to China Town off 2nd Road.  It was a 'Deserted Village': no coaches; no people; no business.

A news thread today says some businesses estimated to be down 70%, and it's high season.  You very well could be right at 15%, come low season.