Road construction continues to be a menace to residents and tourists

Rimmer

By now, most of the spots have been re-opened for at least 2 times, some of them for 3 times and I know of one who was opened up for 4 times already!

The construction activities look more and more like an unorganized mess, and the dust pollution is horrible. I can't blame any tourist (particularly families with children) who will never return after having experienced a few weeks like this.

On top of that, with bar/girl fines and drink scams ('me hep to go dance now!') skyrocketing, just as well as police checkpoints up to late night, not even the nights can be enjoyed anymore as a compensation for daytime hassles of all kinds. And one after another condo building leads to the replacement of the last green spots by ugly concrete. Sad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pepi2005 said:

By now, most of the spots have been re-opened for at least 2 times, some of them for 3 times and I know of one who was opened up for 4 times already!

The construction activities look more and more like an unorganized mess, and the dust pollution is horrible. I can't blame any tourist (particularly families with children) who will never return after having experienced a few weeks like this.

On top of that, with bar/girl fines and drink scams ('me hep to go dance now!') skyrocketing, just as well as police checkpoints up to late night, not even the nights can be enjoyed anymore as a compensation for daytime hassles of all kinds. And one after another condo building leads to the replacement of the last green spots by ugly concrete. Sad.

so are they ALL OPEN now or shut down again??

16 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

so are they ALL OPEN now or shut down again??

Photo taken today , just above Walking st. Beach drain project started middle last year. And with the small

drainage grates along beach side border of road would be surprised if this project has much effect on flooding.

An unorganized mess indeed.

image.png.7c9ca9b9c829d8275e80248126b63338.png

Edited by morrobay