My experience flying into Suvarnabhumi yesterday

Genmai

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I defer to the aficionados of the nanny state everywhere. You know who you are.

In the meantime, I will carry on doing what has served me well these last 3 score and 3 years on the planet and pay attention and look after myself.

FWIW, if anyone else is into DIY health scare prevention, you can buy yourself some disposable P2/N95 grade masks. recommended by several Australian state health authorities for protection in the current circumstances.

p2n95.jpg.4ac9b7d717325605aa82702b3240d00c.jpg

PS: These are NOT available at 7-eleven.

Thank you but you not found this anywhere, is too later stock out

22 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I defer to the aficionados of the nanny state everywhere. You know who you are.

In the meantime, I will carry on doing what has served me well these last 3 score and 3 years on the planet and pay attention and look after myself.

FWIW, if anyone else is into DIY health scare prevention, you can buy yourself some disposable P2/N95 grade masks. recommended by several Australian state health authorities for protection in the current circumstances.

p2n95.jpg.4ac9b7d717325605aa82702b3240d00c.jpg

PS: These are NOT available at 7-eleven.

Do you know how long they remain protective?

The masks we wore in surgery were effective for about 10 minutes. Their only real purpose was to stop people spraying when they spoke ( we all spray incredible amounts when we speak ). Some surgeons don't even bother covering their noses.

• Like 2

Just now, gunderhill said:

What it  does and what we are  told is  being done  is the problem here, its  clear that they are  most  likely doing very  little from this  report,  unless of  course there is a photo op or vinyl  board  opportunity.

I thought I pointed out that whatever an institution does ( other than a hospital and first responders ) is at most a publicity exercise and does little in PRACTICAL terms to stop anything. I'm not surprised they don't play along with the charade.

BTW, if the airport really did have effective measures, passengers would have to arrive for check in about 6 hours ahead of time to screen passengers BEFORE boarding. I'm sure there would be a few complaints on here about that. Also, who would pay if the airport had sanitizer at every desk and masks for staff changed every 10 minutes, plus gloves- probably passengers would.

NB, screening AFTER a flight is pointless. All that happened is that lots of other people became infected.

• Like 2