w 10

White Christmas13

So I been on windows 10 for quiet a while now and never had any probs so one day

I been ask to switch over to the new edition and I agreed.

Boy do I regret this now. Every thing slowed down, try to open a picture

any format takes about 20-30 seconds. So is there a way going back to the

old windows 10? I tried system restore but it won't give me any restore points.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you have done the upgrade within the last 10 days, go to All Settings\Recovery\Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows 10.

Get to All Settings through the notification icon on the far right of your taskbar (easiest way IMO).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chrisinth said:

If you have done the upgrade within the last 10 days, go to All Settings\Recovery\Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows 10.

Get to All Settings through the notification icon on the far right of your taskbar (easiest way IMO).

Well I tried doing exactly what you suggested but it did not make a bit of difference.

Maybe because I had W10 on my laptop for a while.

9 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Well I tried doing exactly what you suggested but it did not make a bit of difference.

Maybe because I had W10 on my laptop for a while.

Sorry to hear that. I am running several PCs/notebooks on W10 1909 and apart from one (slow boot time and shutdown) have had no problems. Even the one with the slow boot, once running it is fine.

Couple of things, can you check if you actually reverted to the previous version? Do this by typing winver into search and selecting. Assuming you were running 1909 it should show what version you upgraded from. Your Winver screen will look something like this:

02.jpg.490a4aeae05449c38c26829b256393f3.jpg

Second thing is to check your graphic drivers. Just a quick search about this problem (you are not alone here!!), the graphic driver problem seems to feature a lot. What I would try first is to go to Device Manager (right-click on start button and select) and then Display adapters and try to update whatever drivers you have there. If that makes no difference, uninstall the drivers and reboot to let Windows download and install again. If you have more than one driver do it one at a time.

01.jpg.c7f9fdecc9c2e4a626e933fcce6f2df1.jpg

• Like 1