Facebook - protect your privacy tool

gamb00ler

I deliberately dont use FB on mobile....only desktop.....with high security....lots of privacy

options activated.

However they still seem to know people I talk to on WhatsApp and throw them up as friend suggestions

on FB...grrrrr.....hopefully the off-facebook activity tab can help me turn off some of their intrusive behaviour

• Like 1

I wish I could stop using Facebook, but I sort of need it to stay in touch with old friends and even for work. Can't get rid of it fully, but I do try to minimize my use of it. Just checked that option page and it does seem to collect quite a bit about me from my mobile apps, though it's not too serious because I don't use my phone that much.

31 minutes ago, dode57k said:

My off-facebook section where you can see apps/companies who send info about you included Siam Commercial bank and Bangkok bank. What the hell are they sending to FB?

There is a recent thread about wanting a cashless environment. Once all your purchases are logged by your bank, advertisers would love to have it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I deliberately dont use FB on mobile....only desktop.....with high security....lots of privacy

options activated.

However they still seem to know people I talk to on WhatsApp and throw them up as friend suggestions

on FB...grrrrr.....hopefully the off-facebook activity tab can help me turn off some of their intrusive behaviour

Have a guess. Did you not know Whats App is owned by Facebook.

• Confused 1

Privacy? It's a joke these days unless you don't use any of these social media platforms, including of course email, at all, nor give any information online to governments and their agencies, banks, shops and stores, airlines....yeah I could go on but you get my drift.

11 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

options activated.

I also avoid FB on mobile.  However I do use FB Messenger on mobile because I also use FB Marketplace to sell a lot of our stuff that we won't be shipping to Chiang Mai.

On my desktop I use a Chrome plug-in called FBP (FluffBusting Purity) which eliminates most of the <explicative> that FB tries to force everyone to see.  I see no FB ads whatsoever.  FBP can filter out almost any section of FB timeline that you don't want.  FBP doesn't improve your security.  It only removes what you find annoying about FB.  I am not sure what browsers FBP supports.  As far as I know FBP is not available on any mobile browser or the FB app itself.  Payment for FBP is solely through donations.