Government mulls new economic stimuli to be rolled out in February

webfact

Government mulls new economic stimuli to be rolled out in February

Chim-Shop-Chai1.jpg

The Thai Government is set to roll out a new economic stimulus package, including another phase of the Chim-Shop-Chai (Eat-Shop-Spend) program, to stimulate domestic spending and investment by businesses in a slowing economy, which is being hampered by a reduction in tourist arrivals as a result of the coronavirus outbreak in China.

The Fiscal Policy Office, the Revenue Department and the Comptroller Department have been assigned, by the Finance Ministry, to work out details of the package, to be ready for implementation in February.

Finance Minister Uttama Savanayana said today that the stimuli will include an updated version of the Chim-Shop-Chai program, and about 12.6 million people already registered will be eligible to take part.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/government-mulls-new-economic-stimuli-to-be-rolled-out-in-february/

thaipbs.jpg

New month, new fiscal stimulus...

It must be time for a couple of new procurement initiatives?

Immigration have had the big bucks of course for the time being, but how about some new "smart tools" (Apple make quite a range I believe) to help with pollution and/or draught monitoring. Must keep the chaps happy, and management "in the loop"!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai Government is set to roll out a new economic stimulus package, including another phase of the Chim-Shop-Chai (Eat-Shop-Spend) program, to stimulate domestic spending and investment by businesses in a slowing economy, which is being hampered by a reduction in tourist arrivals as a result of the coronavirus outbreak in China.

Comfortable right? For all that has happened in the past and what the future will bring, you have a culprit: CORONA VIRUS.
I will gladly drink a Corona beer from time to time!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai Government is set to roll out a new economic stimulus package, including another phase of the Chim-Shop-Chai (Eat-Shop-Spend) program

Eat , shop , spend program ? That new government stimulus package seems to be rather counterproductive to any efforts to stop the Virus outbreak .

• Like 1

I am all for it!  My wife went through the original application process to get the 1,000 baht spending card as long as you went to another province that you designated, not your own to spend the money.  Then on the continuation, using it in your own province has allowed us to get a refund for restaurants, hotel/resorts, one small department store, which includes groceries, and overall we have saved about 6,000 baht (thank you Thai government), who then deposits the refund into your "online wallet".

For example, I bought 6 quality t-shirts, and we received a 20% refund!

Great stuff.

• Confused 1

The chosen must be making quite a bit of money from this. 

Didn't Einstein say something about this (I know he didn't really say this for the pedantic out there) As being the sign of insanity keep repeating something and expecting a different result. 

I feel sorry for Mr T shirt guy who can only buy T Shirts getting 20% discount. In reality I can imagine you would buy the needed T Shirts anyway but this time you cost the country 20% well more than that with the expected 40% skim off the top by the chosen ones.