Trump leaps into Middle East fray with plan that favours Israel and angers Palestinians

webfact

3 minutes ago, malibukid said:

i am worried that if Trump losses the next election he will not go quietly into the good night, but claim that the election was rigged.  he will than rile up his gun toting nut base and their could be trouble in river city

What does ur rant have to do with the topic....isnt there a support group for this

kind of paranoia?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, malibukid said:

i am worried that if Trump losses the next election he will not go quietly into the good night, but claim that the election was rigged.  he will than rile up his gun toting nut base and their could be trouble in river city

Unfortunately there is reason behind that concern. The thing is assuming impeached 45 is not removed by the senate, if he does leave the presidency in the wake of a 2020 election defeat, he's subject to multiple criminal indictments that could lead to a long prison sentence. As president, he's immune from that. Ironically there are some parallels to Bibi's legal situation. So 45 is not only running for reelection, he's running to stay out of jail.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Unfortunately there is reason behind that concern. The thing is assuming impeached 45 is not removed by the senate, if he does leave the presidency in the wake of a 2020 election defeat, he's subject to multiple criminal indictments that could lead to a long prison sentence. As president, he's immune from that. Ironically there are some parallels to Bibi's legal situation. So 45 is not only running for reelection, he's running to stay out of jail.

same goes for you...totally off topic!

This is about the Israeli Palestine peace plan floated by Trump....you dont 

have to compliment it but for heavens sake keep your anti-trump guns focused on the topic.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

same goes for you...totally off topic!

This is about the Israeli Palestine peace plan floated by Trump....you dont 

have to compliment it but for heavens sake keep your anti-trump guns focused on the topic.

I don't totally agree. 

The legal situations of 45 and Bibi are actually directly related to this empty stunt in the white house.

Going through the motions of acting like they had a peace plan (we all know it's garbage and only for the right wing  majority Israeli factions) is just a political stunt to help save their grips on power on soon upcoming elections, and both risk prison if they lose and can't manage to stick around after losing. 

For Bibi the factions he's playing with this are the majority of right wing Israelis (of varying degrees) and for 45 it's mostly about the right wing Christian evangelistic demographic (he needs most of them to turn out to win in 2020).

For the Palestinians -- bupkis. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

All that’s left to do, beyond this action of corralling a people’s into fenced camps, is to provide a little bit of plague amongst the aid provisions, and voila.... problem solvered... worked with the Indians, didn’t it?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

no, because the 'indians' (native americans) are american citizens, under trumps plan the 'reservations' are erroneously called a 'state'   The indians have the area's of limited autonomy on top of their american citizenship, so they can leave and live and work in any part of the USA.  In this plan the palestinians are limited to these very small disconnected area's.

Edited by pkspeaker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2020 at 2:56 PM, Jingthing said:

While I agree that right wing Israeli government policies towards Palestinians and this bogus plan are truly awful, I want to object to conflation of those policies with Nazis.

What the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians is far worse than what the Nazis did to the jews and over a much  longer period of time, so it is not inflammatory or and certainly not inaccurate to tell this fact. I fear much worse is to come from the apartheid jews with Plan Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elfin said:

What the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians is far worse than what the Nazis did to the jews and over a much  longer period of time, so it is not inflammatory or and certainly not inaccurate to tell this fact. I fear much worse is to come from the apartheid jews with Plan Trump.

That's a very good reply.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TooPoopedToPop said:

That's a very good reply.

Good is it?

It has no relation to reality. 

The Nazis killed about 2/3 of European Jews. 

To suggest an equivalence or the even worse outrage between the holocaust and Israeli government policies is both wildly false and basically anti Jewish hate speech.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

Not that facts matter,  when dealing with this administration, but this supposed peace plan is Dead On Arrival,  primarily due to it's author; wunderkind, Jared Kushner

https://www.salon.com/2020/01/29/jared-kushner-trashes-palestinian-leaders-while-touting-his-so-called-middle-east-peace-plan/

Trump doesn't read but Kushner does nothing but read, unfortunately that doesn't insure comprehension  

44 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Not that facts matter,  when dealing with this administration, but this supposed peace plan is Dead On Arrival,  primarily due to it's author; wunderkind, Jared Kushner

https://www.salon.com/2020/01/29/jared-kushner-trashes-palestinian-leaders-while-touting-his-so-called-middle-east-peace-plan/

Trump doesn't read but Kushner does nothing but read, unfortunately that doesn't insure comprehension  

yes and no,

DOA  yes

because of author? yes

but not because its a Trump/Jared plan but because it comes from the US

nothing - NOTHING - originating in the US will ever swing in the ME

read some history,

look at the doings of US in the ME area since first world war, just incredible

the US has completely wasted all credibility and possibilities for brokering peace in the ME area

decades ago

doesn't stop 'em from wasting money and manhours though

(the UK is pretty much in the same situation - barely tolerated but not wanted in ME)

• Like 1

"A four-page document that Washington sent to its Western allies and Arab countries, summarizing Donald Trump's Middle East Peace Plan, presented on Tuesday January 28 in Washington. The note ends with a paragraph that indicates what the recipient countries must say in response to the American vision for "a peace between Israelis and Palestinians".

Le paragraphe en anglais du document envoyé par les États-Unis.

Edited by Opl