Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

I went to open a bank account with Bangkok bank yesterday and was confronted with the following issue. 

 

I was required to take out insurance cover 5080 baht because of the following reason

See attached..

 

Had no issues with Kasikorn a few weeks ago when I renewed the chip card.

 

Only for then 1st year. 

 

Apparently 1 in 100 come up like this, but only Bangkok bank. 

 

As usual, no further explanation is offered...

received_177626433593098.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just walk in another branch.

There are many bank branches that like doing the 'have to buy insurance' scam.

Edited by BritManToo
typo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MOVED TO BANKING FORUM

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Just walk in another branch.

There are many bank branches that like doing the 'have to by insurance' scam.

They said that once the system has flagged it will come up in any other Bangkok bank. 

I didn't proceed.

 

People who are between 50 and 100 years also...

New accounts. 

 

20200128_111158.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just try to get some extra money from you, simply go to another bank/branch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

They said that once the system has flagged it will come up in any other Bangkok bank. 

I didn't proceed.

'They' don't know anything about their own bank.

'They' will say and do anything to earn the commission on that policy.

 

But, hey, believe what you like, Bangkok Bank don't even have a debit card that works online.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thailand is rarely consistent in anything. You could probably go in to the same branch see a different person and get an entirely different experience.

They may carry the same name but each branch is also different. As strange as it may seem, it's a lottery as to what happens on the day. This is Thailand. If you don't like your experience just move to another branch as others have said.

Nothing special about Bangkok bank that I'm aware of, I think KBank and TMB are better anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

i have two kbank accounts, when opening each account i was offered, in a way that sounded compulsory, insurance, but i simply said 'no thanks' and that closed the issue. i guess staff are told to 'offer' insurance and are simply ticking the box.

 

the standard advice prevails; if you dont get the answer you want at one bank/branch simply go to another

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

'They' don't know anything about their own bank.

'They' will say and do anything to earn the commission on that policy.

 

But, hey, believe what you like, Bangkok Bank don't even have a debit card that works online.

Your first two sentences are probably correct.

However, The last one sucks BIG. They have a debit visa card, that i use for everything I need online. 

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Your first two sentences are probably correct.

However, The last one sucks BIG. They have a debit visa card, that i use for everything I need online. 

That card is no longer available.  UnionPay or MasterCard are the only options.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

That card is no longer available.  UnionPay or MasterCard are the only options.

Sorry, posted wrong. It is Mastercard I have. It still works good online though. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try cancelling it.  I think most insurance products have a buyer's remorse backout period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...