Dog attack: Pit Bull savages mother and toddler in NE Thailand

webfact

I was wrong it's 2 years and or 40k fine, laughable in a country where cock fighting is legal and a look round any market will make you feel sick. Of course this was mainly aimed at dogs, the reason why cannot be discussed.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/thailand-introduces-new-laws-to-tackle-animal-cruelty

Edited by Orton Rd

18 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

Why didn't he shoot the dog?  Bullets shot in the air can kill you.

Are you deranged ! Firing bullets in the direction of a mother and toddler at a comparatively small target !!  You have no knowledge of the gun, the bullets, the ability of the user and you make an irresponsible statement like that !! jeez, talk about irresponsible and reckless.

Edited by Black Ops

Just now, Black Ops said:

Are you deranged ! Firing bullets in the direction of a mother and toddler at a comparatively small target !!  You have no knowledge of the gun, the bullets, the ability of the user and you make an irresponsible statement like that !! jeez, talk about irresponsible and

Why not put it against it's head and blow it away?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

What's the legal definition of "animal cruelty?"

While you're at it, look up the definition of self-defense.

you need to look up irresponsible and reckless mate, you havnt got a clue what you are talking about yet ridicule others with your reckless endangerment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Black Ops said:

Are you deranged ! Firing bullets in the direction of a mother and toddler at a comparatively small target !!  You have no knowledge of the gun, the bullets, the ability of the user and you make an irresponsible statement like that !! jeez, talk about irresponsible and reckless.

I'll bet I own more guns now than you ever did.

Oh, how do I know this?  That's easy, the same way you know this ... look down:

2 minutes ago, Black Ops said:

Firing bullets in the direction of a mother and toddler at a comparatively small target !!  You have no knowledge of the gun, the bullets, the ability of the user and you make an irresponsible statement like that !! jeez, talk about irresponsible and reckless.

I have shot and killed someone, not in self-defense, but to stop a felony in progress where the perp held a knife to a woman's throat. 

She lived without a scratch, the felon is dead, and I was never prosecuted.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

I'll bet I own more guns now than you ever did.

Oh, how do I know this?  That's easy, the same way you know this ... look down:

I have shot and killed someone, not in self-defense, but to stop a felony in progress where the perp held a knife to a woman's throat. 

She lived without a scratch, the felon is dead, and I was never prosecuted.

Oh please !! if you had any knowledge whatsoever of firearms and ballistics you wouldnt make such a stupid remark. When was this experience when you were in the special forces was it....55555, you got no credibility at all with your nonsense, yeah your a hero in your own imagination.

Edited by Black Ops
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Beggar said:

Dogs that can seriously hurt or even kill people should not be allowed. 

Where do these dogs come from I had to leave my champion fighter pit bull in the states because they wouldn't let me bring him over here just kidding never owned a pit bull and have no use for one but seriously they were on the list of banned dog breeds

Edited by Fred white
Added to comment
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, oobar said:

I grew up in a family that bred hunting dogs, mainly bird dogs, my father being an avid quail hunter.  After a couple hundred years of  selective breeding to reinforce an inherent tendency to "point," or lock on rigidly, at the scent of quail (or grouse or pheasant, etc.), it became a behavioral instinct innate to bird dogs.  For many years, my wife and I raised Irish setters, which are now only rarely used as active hunters and are principally bred for beauty (and their endearing craziness), but even after an ancestry of dozens of generations that have never been introduced to a bobwhite, nearly all Irish setters will still point.  Pit Bulls, although not officially even recognized as a breed, were selected for their aggressiveness and fighting abilities, and the most successfully vicious were chosen by breeders to produce a continuing progeny of fighters -- which is how they were bred "to be violent."  Now, however, many are taken as pets, the same as Irish setters, but after innumerable ancestral generations in which they were no longer bred specifically to fight (because it was made illegal), the instincts to attack and maim can remain, although often hidden deeply beneath a benign friendliness and docility common to dogs in general.  However, you can simply never know when, or if, a sudden movement by a child (or anyone else) may trigger a long-dormant instinct to attack -- just like an Irish setter's instinct can suddenly cause it to lock on point.  A pointing dog hurts no one, but the sudden expression of a pit bull's sleeping instinct to attack, as we see often in Thailand, can be tragic.  There is a valid argument for neutering as many of these kinds of dogs as possible, gradually and humanely removing the bloodline from existence. 

We had an English setter growing up she was never trained but I could take her out in a field and if she smelled a quail she would lock up. Pit bulls were originally used to catch pigs

25 minutes ago, oobar said:

I grew up in a family that bred hunting dogs, mainly bird dogs, my father being an avid quail hunter.  After a couple hundred years of  selective breeding to reinforce an inherent tendency to "point," or lock on rigidly, at the scent of quail (or grouse or pheasant, etc.), it became a behavioral instinct innate to bird dogs.  For many years, my wife and I raised Irish setters, which are now only rarely used as active hunters and are principally bred for beauty (and their endearing craziness), but even after an ancestry of dozens of generations that have never been introduced to a bobwhite, nearly all Irish setters will still point.  Pit Bulls, although not officially even recognized as a breed, were selected for their aggressiveness and fighting abilities, and the most successfully vicious were chosen by breeders to produce a continuing progeny of fighters -- which is how they were bred "to be violent."  Now, however, many are taken as pets, the same as Irish setters, but after innumerable ancestral generations in which they were no longer bred specifically to fight (because it was made illegal), the instincts to attack and maim can remain, although often hidden deeply beneath a benign friendliness and docility common to dogs in general.  However, you can simply never know when, or if, a sudden movement by a child (or anyone else) may trigger a long-dormant instinct to attack -- just like an Irish setter's instinct can suddenly cause it to lock on point.  A pointing dog hurts no one, but the sudden expression of a pit bull's sleeping instinct to attack, as we see often in Thailand, can be tragic.  There is a valid argument for neutering as many of these kinds of dogs as possible, gradually and humanely removing the bloodline from existence. 

They were bred to fight other dogs while the owner handled them during the fight. Between fights they lived in the family home often with children. Human aggression was never a desirable trait for Pitbulls nor was it bred into them, quite the opposite in fact (unlike the breeds bred to control humans or guard properties).

• Like 1

First person to have a face transplant was a French woman having been savaged by a ............... yes you guessed it, a Labrador.     

Labrador retriever

Isabelle Dinoire. Isabelle Dinoire (1967 – 22 April 2016) was a French woman who was the first person to undergo a partial face transplant, after her Labrador retriever cross breed mauled her in May 2005.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

First person to have a face transplant was a French woman having been savaged by a ............... yes you guessed it, a Labrador.     

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Labrador retriever

Isabelle Dinoire. Isabelle Dinoire (1967 – 22 April 2016) was a French woman who was the first person to undergo a partial face transplant, after her Labrador retriever cross breed mauled her in May 2005.

Perhaps the Labrador was cross breed with a Pittbull

• Like 1