How can I enhance wifi speed on a 2nd computer?

Dario

I have a laptop and 2 fast computers, all three have SSDs. Currently I have TOT as an Internet provider with a package of 150/50 MB. I get those speeds on the laptop which is connected via LAN cable to the router. On the PCs I have a wifi USB antenna inserted which give me right now a mere 40/20. Pretty lousy. I think there must be a better device on sale (even on Lazada, but can't find it back now) to dramatically improve the speeds on my PCs. Can anyone help?

This afternoon I will go to TOT to increase the signal to 500/100 MB. So I would need a device which can equal the 500/100 on my PCs.

Edited by Dario

If possible use Ethernet cables.

Check that you router support 5GHz. I'm with 3BB and they supply dual band router which means there is 2 WiFi network. One on 2.4GHz and one on 5GHz. The later allow much faster speed. 

Post the model of computer in the thread so someone can check that they support 5GHz. 

If you have 5GHz wifi network and you really want to buy a USB antenna then buy one that support 5GHz. Some like AC support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Preferably buy a known brand like TP-LINK, D-LINK, etc. 

Here is one: https://s.lazada.co.th/s.043dy

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

If possible use Ethernet cables.

Check that you router support 5GHz. I'm with 3BB and they supply dual band router which means there is 2 WiFi network. One on 2.4GHz and one on 5GHz. The later allow much faster speed. 

Post the model of computer in the thread so someone can check that they support 5GHz. 

If you have 5GHz wifi network and you really want to buy a USB antenna then buy a 5GHz one and preferably a known brand like TP-LINK, D-LINK, etc. 

You mean me to post the model of the router not the computer, right?

Here are 2 pictures:

IMG20200129105525ss.jpg

IMG20200129105558ss.jpg

Edited by Dario

15 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Some people post in haste, without bothering to check the detail;

http://www.ztegpon.com/index.php?page=660 supports 2.4 GHz, 802.11b/g/n, so Wireless AC and 5 GHz capability will make no difference.

Ah you're right..

@Dario how long have you had this router? I got TOT Fiber just a few months ago and was given one with wireless 802.11ac support. If you go to upgrade your package, you'll need to ask them for a new router as well..

Just now, Dario said:

It means: unable to enhance signal, with whatever I have or buy additionally. Problem not solved then.

When you upgrade you Router, you can then upgrade your existing equipment.

Things might improve a little with a better adapter, but ultimately you need a better Router.

Then you can upgrade the other stuff.

Do you have USB 3.0 ports? If not, then better to use the PCIe connector.

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

When you upgrade you Router, you can then upgrade your existing equipment.

Things might improve a little with a better adapter, but ultimately you need a better Router.

Then you can upgrade the other stuff.

Do you have USB 3.0 ports? If not, then better to use the PCIe connector.

I have been at the TOT office to upgrade Internet to a 500/100 MB package and in 1 or 2 days the technicians should come with the new TOT router. I will now order the last dongle I showed, comes from abroad.

My thank goes to everybody with a constructive input. Thank you all.

Edited by Dario