Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Abuse Center needs urgent help

Rimmer

Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Abuse Center needs urgent help

Pattaya-News-1-N-Jan-23-03-Child-Protect

PATTAYA:--Residents and members of service and charity organizations in Pattaya were distressed to learn that sponsorship for the Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Abuse Center (ATCC) was dwindling and that without further assistance from the community they would have to close its doors leaving 40 vulnerable children to fend for themselves.

An urgent meeting was held at city hall Jan 23, chaired by Deputy Mayor Ronakit Ekasingh, with leading members of the community and charity organizations, law enforcement and representatives from the Social Development and Human Security Office of Chonburi to discuss ways of how to help the ATCC continue its operations.

Palisorn Noja, (Khru Ja) director of the ATCC told the gathering that for many years the center received support from members of the community and many service and charity organizations in Pattaya and around Thailand.

Palisorn added, “Some of our major supporters are also from overseas.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/anti-human-trafficking-and-child-abuse-center-needs-urgent-help-285580

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2020-01-28—

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I guess foreign donations dried up after the new visa laws came into effect. 

Major funding from overseas = FBI and other law enforcement agencies. I reccommend you do a little background reading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

Major funding from overseas = FBI and other law enforcement agencies. I reccommend you do a little background reading.

Like this organization?

https://pattayasports.org/charity/psc-donates-school-uniforms-to-children-at-atcc-2/

And this one.

https://www.care4kids.info/news-media/our-blog/67-jesters-care-for-kids-at-atcc.html

Edited by Leaver
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Leaver said:

No. They are neither overseas nor law enforcement agencies, which is what I was referring to.

2 hours ago, champers said:

No. They are neither overseas nor law enforcement agencies, which is what I was referring to.

I know what you were referring to, and I wasn't disagreeing. 

I was focusing on domestic donations from expats, and also from generous individuals abroad, many of whom are familiar with Thailand, and have visited here many times. 

The Thai Government gives these people a hard time, and I can see donations to these worthy causes decrease in the future, as affection for Thailand subsides among westerners.

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2