Danish man flies to Thailand to quit the smoking habit - with foot massage!

webfact

Danish man flies to Thailand to quit the smoking habit - with foot massage!

8pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

A Danish man has come to Thailand with his Thai wife to help him quit a two pack a day smoking habit. 

The couple are visiting a reflexology clinic set up at a special services hospital in Don Sai sub-district of Ratchaburi. 

Tom B., 45, said he heard about the clinic from his wife after many people recommended it online as a great way to kick the smoking habit. 

He was skeptical at first but is getting more and more convinced with each day of treatment.

He said through an interpreter that he started smoking at 16 and soon developed a two pack a day habit and despite trying everything from nicotine patches to sprays in Denmark he had only cut down to 20 - 25 cigarettes a day. 

So far he has had five days of treatment and he is very impressed and thinks he can finally quit. 

He said he was surprised that it worked but he didn't want to smoke anymore. 

If it ultimately proves successful he said he would tell all his smoking buddies back in Denmark to come to Thailand to kick the habit. 

Thaivisa notes that quitting smoking through reflexology is a recognized technique that aims to reduce stress and therefore dependency on smoking. 

The "Stop Smoking" clinic in Don Sai offers its services for free, reported Siam Rath. It is part of wider services available at the hospital in Ratchaburi, south west of Bangkok. 

Source: Siam Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-29

9 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

A friend of mine got rid of his gambling addiction after visiting a massage parlour in Pattaya.

I got rid of my Gambling problem, by actually going to the pokies... 

what I did was to just go straight to the Coffee machine... because it always Pays Out 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, neeray said:

If this treatment is successful, it could mean a new HUB for Thailand. 
I mean another HUB. 

yep, great potential. I can even foresee marketing using this to improve tourist numbers ????

4 minutes ago, Tulak said:
8 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

A friend of mine has a bad case of  sex addiction, don't think massage in Pattaya is the right treatment for him.

are we still talking about FOOT massage ???

or Fetishes? 

• Haha 1

The reason why it's working is because he's changing his habit, which is the simplest approach to quitting anything.

Why? Because smoking, drinking, over-eating etc is a habit. Change the circumstances, change the lifestyle, change the country, etc. and find a new habit, which in his case would be regular foot massages. Once it's in his head that the old habit is now a foot massage habit.

• Like 1