Coral thriving around southern island

webfact

Coral thriving around southern island

By The Nation

800_1fcb58a6a00ac86.jpg?v=1580279450

Officials of Haduankorn National Park in Prachuap Khiri Khan say a survey of the coral reefs ringing nearby Koh Chan found an abundance of marine biology.

640_iega75jf675ige8cbg5if.jpg

They noted giant clams among the staghorn, orange cup, cauliflower, hump, anemone and table varieties of coral.

640_bedaja9fadb9cbda6bg57.jpg

A study conducted by the Free University of Berlin and the University of Barcelona indicates that corals left bleached and barren by the warming effects of climate change are able to recover under certain conditions.

640_9gbbga9aibff76jadd7bd.jpg

In tourist-friendly Thailand, however, coral is even more directly impacted by humans, who frequently damage it while boating, diving or snorkelling.

640_dhgafkbkh5ab6agc7eagd.jpg

The Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation had to ban all visitors to the immensely popular Maya Bay in 2018 to give the natural environment time to recover.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381225

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-29
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Where's the fish...

regards worgeordie

I made this video no too far from this area (edit: I thought they mean Koh Chang near Bangkok)

It was much better in Koh Lipe unfortunately my gorpo failed the day I did my best dive... But I made this video in front of my hotel. 

Edited by Tayaout