Brexit crusader Farage: "I'll miss playing the villain"

snoop1130

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Get ready for a load of love bombing from the EU to Scotland telling it that the door is open to us to return as soon as we can. 

I doubt that very much as you don't meet their very strict criteria and do you think they would want to upset a trading nation like the UK. Tis but a dream you have.

Oh wow.

You honestly think the EU gives a rats buttocks about upsetting little Engurlund?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

If they have any sense, I would say yes. 

I think you vastly overestimate the position Engurlund is going to find itself in.

Trade deals being struck from a position of weakness.

What little manufacturing we have left being relocated overseas.

The City of London conducting more and more of its European business from Frankfurt and Paris.

And you think that you will be able to impose punitive punishments on the EU if you feel somewhat slighted?

Get a grip Vogie mate.

• Sad 3

45 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Vogie I genuinely worry about what is going to happen after Brexit. I honestly 100% believe it is going to be bad for everyone except the rich.

I dont want to see my southern neighbours go through such pain.

You are right I have a level of frustration over this. I tried very hard to convince people Brexit is a bad idea. But its a done deal now. My last remaining option to avoid the damage that I believe is going to occur is for Scotland to leave the union. I dont want to see anyone in the UK hurt by all this but I will be damned if I am going to allow Scotland to be dragged down too.

We are getting in the lifeboat.

Move north and join us. You will be welcome. At least in most places. I can let you the areas to avoid ????.

the bad for everyone except the rich

you may be right on that - but it is hardly down to Brexit as such,

its more down to being a political move carried out by the Cons party

beats me that so many foggy island inhabitants put their trust in Tory gangs and think they

might do political moves benefittig the average sod

maybe the fog blurs the thinking

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

the bad for everyone except the rich

you may be right on that - but it is hardly down to Brexit as such,

its more down to being a political move carried out by the Cons party

beats me that so many foggy island inhabitants put their trust in Tory gangs and think they

might do political moves benefittig the average sod

maybe the fog blurs the thinking

Who would you put your trust in Melvin?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Who would you put your trust in Melvin?

right, fair enough, point taken

you need to beef up your governance system,

greatly reduce number of const. and get rid of fptp -ie create soil for more significant parties

and wave the wand sufficiently to make the national assemby sovereign - also in procedural matters

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

right, fair enough, point taken

you need to beef up your governance system,

greatly reduce number of const. and get rid of fptp -ie create soil for more significant parties

and wave the wand sufficiently to make the national assemby sovereign - also in procedural matters

Can we safely assume that with prop rep that the chances of Brexit happening would have been very unlikely. On this occasion fptp did its job.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Can we safely assume that with prop rep that the chances of Brexit happening would have been very unlikely. On this occasion fptp did its job.

yes and no, not that sure of that actually

what you're doing is projecting the Westminster pub patrons of today onto a prop. rep. system

is that a valid projection?

chances are that with a well working prop. rep. system you would have a quite different set

of pub patrons compared to what you have today

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't remember Nigel Farage being charged with that offense.

Perhaps he should have? After all it was his speeches, which made a less balanced person to kill another person.

Those who hold the power and ability to move people; should really think how their constant hate speeches can cause their followers to react. They should have feeling of responsibility. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You are correct. One of the great urban myths in the UK is that all bad things are because of "EU law". 

Few British people seem to have checked the facts regarding the law in member states and how sovereign member law is not overruled by "EU law".

Maybe that attitude will change. I've seen many comments now about why the UK, one of the EU's wealthiest nations pays the lowest pensions.

It is you who needs to do the fact-checking, Boxer. EU Law has primacy within any EU member state. 

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, baboon said:

They did indeed. The most puerile act it had been my misfortune to have to turn my nose up at in a fair while. How utterly pathetic.

That flag was not waved in my name.

well, you have your own anway

• Like 2