Brexit crusader Farage: "I'll miss playing the villain"

snoop1130

9 hours ago, evadgib said:

They can't pick-and-choose their way illegally across multiple borders & turn up unannounced otherwise we'd all be doing it.

As already stated, Incorrect, under current legislation asylum seekers entering the UK can do so. Don't like it, take it up with your MP. if your so interested in the topic do your own research of HMG law, rather than relying on a stranger to do your homework.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

More of your opinionated europhile nonsense. <SNIP>
Btw, the Garuniad is not a credible source for links. 

As opposed to you, not opinion, but legislated law.

Guardian is a credible source for info on TV. Disagree? take it up with the management of TV

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

How about this for a link and a fact about illegal immigrants from the BBC news website yesterday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-51401115

Ninety migrants including children have been rescued from the English Channel, a record figure for a single day.

Eight small boats were earlier reported off the coast of Dover, one of which was carrying a group of 21 men.

Fifteen of the 90 "claimed to be minors", the Home Office said as it confirmed those rescued included nationals of Syria, Yemen and Mali.

Last year at least 1,892 arrived in Britain after crossing the Channel in boats.

French authorities have said 371 migrants attempted the crossing last month, with 95 of them succeeding.

No deal brexit means that there is no deal between UK and France to keep the immigrants in France's side. 

This is nothing yet. Wait until next year, when all the deals are off and the floodgates of migrants who wish to get to UK are fully open. 

There is no longer incentives for France to keep the migrants within their borders.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

From Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migrants_around_Calais

The migrants prefer the UK to other European countries due to greater economic growth and the relative ease of finding undocumented work, the latter being due to the application of habeas corpus preventing the checking of migrants' identification in some situations.[5] The UK is also a desirable destination because English is a widely known language, and because it is easier to reach than other English speaking destinations such as the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

A July 2016 survey of the population of the Calais Jungle by Help Refugees counted 7,307 migrants, of which 761 were minors: the largest number to date. At that time, the population was increasing by an average of 50 people per day.[6] After the Brexit vote on 23 June 2016, the population had reportedly increased to nearly 10,000.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

After Illegally breaching international borders while cherry picking their way & bringing gawd-knows-wot with them?

You can interpret that how you like but don't expect others to join in & don't peddal as fact when it clearly isn't.

Kindly point me to current enacted HMG law which states those assessed as genuine asylum seekers arriving by illegal means will be deported and if in-place how many were actually deported. In the meantime you may wish to review the following links...

https://fullfact.org/immigration/refugees-first-safe-country

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/nov/27/thousands-of-asylum-seekers-may-be-due-damages-after-court-home-office-ruling

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Kindly point me to current enacted HMG law which states those assessed as genuine asylum seekers arriving by illegal means will be deported and if in-place how many were actually deported.

Hordes of unvetted predominately fighting aged men turning up uninvited having crossed 20 or so international borders and the odd ocean differs significantly from the genuine scenarios that arose after WW2 or Vietnam. I am not entirely sure what your game is but the system needs to change no matter how much gloss is applied.

Arrivals via official UN channels are an entirely different ball game and are, as ever, welcome.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Hordes of unvetted predominately fighting aged men turning up uninvited having crossed 20 or so international borders and the odd ocean differs significantly from the genuine scenarios that arose after WW2 or Vietnam. I am not entirely sure what your game is but the system needs to change no matter how much gloss is applied.

Arrivals via official UN channels are an entirely different ball game and are, as ever, welcome.

You might call men in age between 20-40 as fighting aged men, most others call them productive worker aged men. 

If you have not yet figured out, there is no real international borders inside Schengen area. People are not restricted to live and work in their designated areas, like in some other places in the world. 

That's what freedom of movement is all about. Freedom to move around. 

After Brexit, if some of these working aged men are still keen to move to live and work in the England, there is none in the whole European side willing to restrict their freedom of movement towards Southern Britain. Why should Europeans do favours to Southern Britain if favours are not replicated in the other way around?

Brexit and its effects are becoming reality. Probably not the reality, which eager Brexiteers voted for, but reality nevertheless.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TheDark said:

You might call men in age between 20-40 as fighting aged men, most others call them productive worker aged men. 

If you have not yet figured out, there is no real international borders inside Schengen area. People are not restricted to live and work in their designated areas, like in some other places in the world. 

That's what freedom of movement is all about. Freedom to move around. 

After Brexit, if some of these working aged men are still keen to move to live and work in the England, there is none in the whole European side willing to restrict their freedom of movement towards Southern Britain. Why should Europeans do favours to Southern Britain if favours are not replicated in the other way around?

Brexit and its effects are becoming reality. Probably not the reality, which eager Brexiteers voted for, but reality nevertheless.

I am not entirely sure what your game is but the system needs to change no matter how much gloss is applied.

(Repeated for any that missed it at the first attempt).

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, evadgib said:

(Repeated for any that missed it at the first attempt).

I guess the point is that you and your alike are just afraid. Fear comes from either knowing too much or knowing not enough. 

In this case it's the latter. 

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

Kindly point me to current enacted HMG law which states those assessed as genuine asylum seekers arriving by illegal means will be deported and if in-place how many were actually deported. In the meantime you may wish to review the following links...

https://fullfact.org/immigration/refugees-first-safe-country

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/nov/27/thousands-of-asylum-seekers-may-be-due-damages-after-court-home-office-ruling

That is the problem with the liberal UK. These illegal immigrants play the system.  Getting damages for being illegal. I wonder what would happen in their own countries.

The saddest thing is we have softies who believe any old story and sympathise with them and when they go and stab people on London Bridges and other places and blame it on a hard life.

I had  a hard life i was brought up on a rough a*** council estate. Had no money, didn't have enough food but I didn't and don't complain of what life dealt me. You make your own choices in life.

No doubt the liberals and lefties on here will be outraged. They generally are when the truth is spoken.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No doubt you will rubbish these links below from your very narrow "Guardian opinionated" ideology. What parent would leave their children behind to fend for themselves and make a trip across Europe.

I will tell you the ones that I wouldn't want living with me. I guess that you will struggle with that but then again you struggle with the fact that men of fighting age come to the UK and other countries in Europe because.

I guess you and Lilly Allen can take them into your home.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/02/school-reports-asylum-seeker-pupil-amid-claims-adult/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5592357/Two-thirds-child-refugees-lied-age-18.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/892558/migrant-crisis-child-age-proof-border-force-uk-Tony-Smith

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42234585

I see no reason to scrub rather disgusting abuse under the carpet. I do like free flow of information, regardless who's opinion the data supports. But I do want the data to be real and not faked. 

Opinions can and do vary.  

I'm not one of your imagined snowflakes, but I do wish to protect the little guy. I do hope you would do so as well.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Most of them are not refugees so your links don't mean zip.   

All asylum seeker claims are required by law to be assessed by HMG so your comment is rather silly. Actual figures for positively vetted versus declined in reporting year ending 06/19 are:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-year-ending-june-2019/how-many-people-do-we-grant-asylum-or-protection-to

Edited by simple1

58 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That is the problem with the liberal UK. These illegal immigrants play the system.  Getting damages for being illegal. I wonder what would happen in their own countries.

The saddest thing is we have softies who believe any old story and sympathise with them and when they go and stab people on London Bridges and other places and blame it on a hard life.

I had  a hard life i was brought up on a rough a*** council estate. Had no money, didn't have enough food but I didn't and don't complain of what life dealt me. You make your own choices in life.

No doubt the liberals and lefties on here will be outraged. They generally are when the truth is spoken.

UK's liberal immigration system was fault of UK and UK alone. UK could have flown the illegal immigrants back to their home countries, had it wanted to do so - it didn't. 

This problem is not going away by UK leaving the EU. It just increases as EU countries no longer have reason to protect UK's interests. 

That's Brexit. 

The matter you're referring was illegal confinement by HMG which led to damages claims, so your comment is incorrect.

Whilst it's off topic, personally I have never heard of Islamists blaming their acts of terrorism on a 'hard life'.

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

A(n other) 'ficker than us' from moral high ground?

As that seems to be the standard across multiple boards your involvement has just ended.

+

I would define it more of intellectual high ground, but you can define it the way you wish. It doesn't bother me a bit.

And you somehow thought that I should soften my stance towards your ideologies? Dream on.

How is my involvement just ended? If you mean ended with you, that's fine with me. Bye.

4 minutes ago, Sujo said:

If farage misses playing the villain he should go do movies. The world needs leaders with ethics. Not villains just because they like it.

millions of voters yonder the pond would disagree with you

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

Really? Show me where it says that.

I have even provided the link about it using the quote from you. Sadly as usual you forgot to provide a link, as usual.

https://www.un.org/ruleoflaw/what-is-the-rule-of-law/

And? Where does the content point to me being incorrect...

What is this turn of the winds going towards "Get me out of here, I'm the victim of this society" coming from?

You destroyed what was good and now you want to blame it on your rough upbringing? 

You are still the bad guys and that will never change. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, simple1 said:

As opposed to you, not opinion, but legislated law.

Guardian is a credible source for info on TV. Disagree? take it up with the management of TV

Not interested in your attempts to divert to migrants' legal status. Your opinion was that they would not be permitted entry to the UK via Open Borders. In fact they have already passed through much of the EU open borders to reach UK shores, legally or illegally. If we had not exited the EU that would have eventually changed and we would have been forced to accept many more. Thank god for Nigel, Brexit and St George.

The Garuniad is a Remainer rag loved by loony lefty liberals, so simply not credible. I've no need to take it up with TV or anybody else. Does the management of TV publish a list of credible sources? Thought not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

All asylum seeker claims are required by law to be assessed by HMG so your comment is rather silly. Actual figures for positively vetted versus declined in reporting year ending 06/19 are:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-statistics-year-ending-june-2019/how-many-people-do-we-grant-asylum-or-protection-to

These are just the applications. Even here there are twice as many males as females!

Can you tell me where the 47% of applicants refused are now. Or is that a silly thing to say too?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Not interested in your attempts to divert to migrants' legal status. Your opinion was that they would not be permitted entry to the UK via Open Borders. In fact they have already passed through much of the EU open borders to reach UK shores, legally or illegally. If we had not exited the EU that would have eventually changed and we would have been forced to accept many more. Thank god for Nigel, Brexit and St George.

The Garuniad is a Remainer rag loved by loony lefty liberals, so simply not credible. I've no need to take it up with TV or anybody else. Does the management of TV publish a list of credible sources? Thought not.

Schengen is open borders policy, which is very well liked freedom for European people. UK never was part of Schengen. UK never had open borders. UK had and still have her own border policies when it comes to asulym seekers. That is not going to change, unless UK changes her laws. 

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

These are just the applications. Even here there are twice as many males as females!

Can you tell me where the 47% of applicants refused are now. Or is that a silly thing to say too?

Why don't you say that yourself, also please do provide a link to your source. 

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

The matter you're referring was illegal confinement by HMG which led to damages claims, so your comment is incorrect.

Whilst it's off topic, personally I have never heard of Islamists blaming their acts of terrorism on a 'hard life'.

Well, that's a silly thing to say! Rather self-incriminating. 

• Thanks 1