Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Brexit crusader Farage: "I'll miss playing the villain"

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, evadgib said:

They can't pick-and-choose their way illegally across multiple borders & turn up unannounced otherwise we'd all be doing it.

As already stated, Incorrect, under current legislation asylum seekers entering the UK can do so. Don't like it, take it up with your MP. if your so interested in the topic do your own research of HMG law, rather than relying on a stranger to do your homework.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Loiner said:

More of your opinionated europhile nonsense. <SNIP>
Btw, the Garuniad is not a credible source for links. 

 

 

As opposed to you, not opinion, but legislated law.

 

Guardian is a credible source for info on TV. Disagree? take it up with the management of TV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, billd766 said:

How about this for a link and a fact about illegal immigrants from the BBC news website yesterday.

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-51401115

 

Ninety migrants including children have been rescued from the English Channel, a record figure for a single day.

Eight small boats were earlier reported off the coast of Dover, one of which was carrying a group of 21 men.

Fifteen of the 90 "claimed to be minors", the Home Office said as it confirmed those rescued included nationals of Syria, Yemen and Mali.

Last year at least 1,892 arrived in Britain after crossing the Channel in boats.

French authorities have said 371 migrants attempted the crossing last month, with 95 of them succeeding.

No deal brexit means that there is no deal between UK and France to keep the immigrants in France's side. 

 

This is nothing yet. Wait until next year, when all the deals are off and the floodgates of migrants who wish to get to UK are fully open. 

 

There is no longer incentives for France to keep the migrants within their borders.

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migrants_around_Calais

 

The migrants prefer the UK to other European countries due to greater economic growth and the relative ease of finding undocumented work, the latter being due to the application of habeas corpus preventing the checking of migrants' identification in some situations.[5] The UK is also a desirable destination because English is a widely known language, and because it is easier to reach than other English speaking destinations such as the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

 

A July 2016 survey of the population of the Calais Jungle by Help Refugees counted 7,307 migrants, of which 761 were minors: the largest number to date. At that time, the population was increasing by an average of 50 people per day.[6] After the Brexit vote on 23 June 2016, the population had reportedly increased to nearly 10,000.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unattributed post and replies removed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, evadgib said:

After Illegally breaching international borders while cherry picking their way & bringing gawd-knows-wot with them?

 

You can interpret that how you like but don't expect others to join in & don't peddal as fact when it clearly isn't.

Kindly point me to current enacted HMG law which states those assessed as genuine asylum seekers arriving by illegal means will be deported and if in-place how many were actually deported. In the meantime you may wish to review the following links...

 

https://fullfact.org/immigration/refugees-first-safe-country

 

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/nov/27/thousands-of-asylum-seekers-may-be-due-damages-after-court-home-office-ruling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Kindly point me to current enacted HMG law which states those assessed as genuine asylum seekers arriving by illegal means will be deported and if in-place how many were actually deported.

Hordes of unvetted predominately fighting aged men turning up uninvited having crossed 20 or so international borders and the odd ocean differs significantly from the genuine scenarios that arose after WW2 or Vietnam. I am not entirely sure what your game is but the system needs to change no matter how much gloss is applied.

 

Arrivals via official UN channels are an entirely different ball game and are, as ever, welcome.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Hordes of unvetted predominately fighting aged men turning up uninvited having crossed 20 or so international borders and the odd ocean differs significantly from the genuine scenarios that arose after WW2 or Vietnam. I am not entirely sure what your game is but the system needs to change no matter how much gloss is applied.

 

Arrivals via official UN channels are an entirely different ball game and are, as ever, welcome.

You might call men in age between 20-40 as fighting aged men, most others call them productive worker aged men. 

 

If you have not yet figured out, there is no real international borders inside Schengen area. People are not restricted to live and work in their designated areas, like in some other places in the world. 

 

That's what freedom of movement is all about. Freedom to move around. 

 

After Brexit, if some of these working aged men are still keen to move to live and work in the England, there is none in the whole European side willing to restrict their freedom of movement towards Southern Britain. Why should Europeans do favours to Southern Britain if favours are not replicated in the other way around?

 

Brexit and its effects are becoming reality. Probably not the reality, which eager Brexiteers voted for, but reality nevertheless.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheDark said:

You might call men in age between 20-40 as fighting aged men, most others call them productive worker aged men. 

 

If you have not yet figured out, there is no real international borders inside Schengen area. People are not restricted to live and work in their designated areas, like in some other places in the world. 

 

That's what freedom of movement is all about. Freedom to move around. 

 

After Brexit, if some of these working aged men are still keen to move to live and work in the England, there is none in the whole European side willing to restrict their freedom of movement towards Southern Britain. Why should Europeans do favours to Southern Britain if favours are not replicated in the other way around?

 

Brexit and its effects are becoming reality. Probably not the reality, which eager Brexiteers voted for, but reality nevertheless.

Quote

I am not entirely sure what your game is but the system needs to change no matter how much gloss is applied.

 

Arrivals via official UN channels are an entirely different ball game and are, as ever, welcome.

(Repeated for any that missed it at the first attempt).

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, evadgib said:

(Repeated for any that missed it at the first attempt).

I guess the point is that you and your alike are just afraid. Fear comes from either knowing too much or knowing not enough. 

 

In this case it's the latter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, simple1 said:

Kindly point me to current enacted HMG law which states those assessed as genuine asylum seekers arriving by illegal means will be deported and if in-place how many were actually deported. In the meantime you may wish to review the following links...

 

https://fullfact.org/immigration/refugees-first-safe-country

 

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/nov/27/thousands-of-asylum-seekers-may-be-due-damages-after-court-home-office-ruling

That is the problem with the liberal UK. These illegal immigrants play the system.  Getting damages for being illegal. I wonder what would happen in their own countries.

 

The saddest thing is we have softies who believe any old story and sympathise with them and when they go and stab people on London Bridges and other places and blame it on a hard life.

 

I had  a hard life i was brought up on a rough a*** council estate. Had no money, didn't have enough food but I didn't and don't complain of what life dealt me. You make your own choices in life.

 

No doubt the liberals and lefties on here will be outraged. They generally are when the truth is spoken.

 

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...