Jennifer Beals: ‘You can never have enough stories about the queer community’

snoop1130

Jennifer Beals: ‘You can never have enough stories about the queer community’

By Adam White 

shutterstock-editorial-7944839ce.jpg

‘I knew nothing before The L Word – I was a hermit in my own little bubble’ ( Michael Buckner/Deadline/Shutterstock )

About a decade ago, Jennifer Beals was approached in the street by two women in their sixties.

They were a couple, and had been for decades, but had never come out to their families.

That was, until they watched The L Word.

Inspired by the game-changing lesbian drama series, they had finally gained the courage to live and love openly.

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/jennifer-beals-interview-l-word-generation-q-uk-release-flashdance-a9305391.html

Learned a new word today -- cisgender.... I guess I've been leading a sheltered life:

“I have to tell you,” says the show's star, breaking into a grin, “as a straight, cisgender woman,

Cisgender is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at birth. For example, someone who identifies as a woman and was assigned female at birth is a cisgender woman. The term cisgender is the opposite of the word transgender.

I was scared there for a minute before finding the definition, thinking that Beals had declared herself some kind of new and different sexual orientation beyond those I was already aware of!

But at the end of the day, she's just a boring (not so old) straight woman!   :tongue:

13 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Learned a new word today -- cisgender.... I guess I've been leading a sheltered life:

I was scared there for a minute before finding the definition, thinking that Beals had declared herself some kind of new and different sexual orientation beyond those I was already aware of!

But at the end of the day, she's just a boring (not so old) straight woman!   :tongue:

A bit leathery, but I'd bang her!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bundooman said:

A bit leathery, but I'd bang her!

Well I don't know that I would go so far as  that......but I'm very pleased to find

out what the L word is.  I know it's obvious, but I didn't get it.  Also very happy to know what 'cisgender' means.  Like Tall Guy John I was a bit worried and a bit apprehensive.

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Hah! The word "cisgender" is a recently invented term (1994 first usage) by "woke" people to create the myth that basically you were haphazardly assigned a gender at birth just by looking at your genitals without taking into account that later on in life some people might not feel fully at home in the gender they were assigned to. This seems to occur to about 1% of total population, and instead of just accepting it as a normal thing (hello kathoy thai ladies) they make a big fuss about it and insist on being seen and accepted as women. In the U.K. people even get sent to jail if they don't comply with this imbecilic notion.

Since then so-called "trans-women" have domineered at female sports (duh), there have been nasty incidents in women prisons and girl locker rooms, and what have you.

This madness should be put a halt to. Mental instability should not be catered to in this way.

Edited by Bullie
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Really? Evidence? Nothing here about prison sentences - https://www.cps.gov.uk/hate-crime

Here:

Mother is arrested in front of her children after calling a transgender woman a man | Daily Mail Online

and here:

Transgender prisoner who sexually assaulted inmates jailed for life | Society | The Guardian

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.

In Canada its even worse.

Edited by Bullie