selling rotten chicken

edwardandtubs

I ordered some groceries on the Grab app from *****. What arrived was not fresh and certainly didn't make me happy. The chicken was so stinking rotten it made me gag. My personal shopper obviously thought that chicken left purifying unrefrigerated in the middle of ***** was very appetising. Did they give me a refund? Have a guess.

Edited by CharlieH
defamatory content removed.
  • Haha 1

I'm talking about grocery shopping, not delivery from restaurants. We can all SEE the BIG problem of chicken left rotting in the middle of supermarkets. And we are not left HAPPY when we pay for items that are not FRESH. You're right though, the extra hour of being in a box on the back of a moped in the midday heat of Bangkok would've made matters worse. I thought the groceries would arrive in a refrigerated van like when you buy direct from Tesco but this is not the case.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

I ordered some groceries on the Grab app from *****. What arrived was not fresh and certainly didn't make me happy. The chicken was so stinking rotten it made me gag. My personal shopper obviously thought that chicken left purifying unrefrigerated in the middle of ***** was very appetising. Did they give me a refund? Have a guess.

Imo the problem is with the groceries, not with Grab

the transport time it's not enough long to the chicken rot.

The best thing to do is to back to the grocerie with the chicken

and the receipt and look what they have to say about it.

By experience you have more chance to be given a <deleted>..y excuse than a refund

even after hours of arguing and asking for a ''manager'' 

TIT

• Like 2

Same thing happened to me a few days ago - bought 8 chicken thighs from Tesco Lotus, came straight home, put them into a brine solution as soon as I got them home and kept them in the fridge and they never lost that rotten food smell. Hey Tesco Lotus, how about you stop selling rotten meat...!!!

I bought a joint of pork, either from the local market or Macro, not sure which one. I cured the pork with an intention of making ham. Cooked it in my pressure cooker and when it cooled I started to cut it up, I noticed patches of blood, on further inspection they were flies, it must have been totally maggott ridden. I tend not to buy pork from the market now.

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

I bought a joint of pork, either from the local market or Macro, not sure which one. I cured the pork with an intention of making ham. Cooked it in my pressure cooker and when it cooled I started to cut it up, I noticed patches of blood, on further inspection they were flies, it must have been totally maggott ridden. I tend not to buy pork from the market now.

You cannot be serious, your a ham maker and you can,t recall where you bought the pork! How was your next attempt?

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

You cannot be serious, your a ham maker and you can,t recall where you bought the pork! How was your next attempt?

Trust me I am very serious, I used to buy pork from the market and Macro as previously explained, I have two freezers, and I used to buy the meat from both places then freeze so when I'm ready to cure the ham I get a joint out of the freezer to cure, why would I be bothered where it came from, as I said the most likely place to get the spoilt meat would have been the market, so now I don't bother using the market for my meat.

I hope my explanation is satisfactory for you, if not I cannot help you anymore as my wife didn't video me at the time.

Subsequent attempts have been more than satisfactory thanks.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Trust me I am very serious, I used to buy pork from the market and Macro as previously explained, I have two freezers, and I used to buy the meat from both places then freeze so when I'm ready to cure the ham I get a joint out of the freezer to cure, why would I be bothered where it came from, as I said the most likely place to get the spoilt meat would have been the market, so now I don't bother using the market for my meat.

I hope my explanation is satisfactory for you, if not I cannot help you anymore as my wife didn't video me at the time.

Subsequent attempts have been more than satisfactory thanks.

Ok but I would have thought you may use a local butcher/wholesaler who could give you the most suitable cuts and some guarantee as to the quality. Guess you just playing at it so good luck.  

31 minutes ago, vogie said:

So then, pig flies. ????

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Ok but I would have thought you may use a local butcher/wholesaler who could give you the most suitable cuts and some guarantee as to the quality. Guess you just playing at it so good luck.  

No I have got the contract for supplying Tesco Thailand and international and a third of Siamsburys.

Jeez 

3 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

So then, pig flies. ????

dead pig, and flies go together... 

still, I'd hate to chuck'n chicken all over the furniture later in the night! 

who's to really say the chicken actually was the same as what came out from the 'cool' supermarket? 

or did it ever?