BANGKOK
parafareno

DId you pay sinsord and how much?

On 2/15/2020 at 4:00 AM, bwpage3 said:

Takes two to tangle.

You theorizing that all white women are bad?

Look in the mirror, you might find the answer.

If you are old and fairly ugly, make up, they want your money, not you.

I don't think all white women are bad. I have white female friends- I just wouldn't marry one. PC is so ingrained into western culture that they don't even realise how PC they are. I even thought PC was normal till I discovered Thailand. No wonder I fell in love with it and the women.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/30/2020 at 8:10 AM, neeray said:

I won't produce one baht of sinsod.

The little family is forever grateful that I am putting daughter through a Bkk university complete with all the extras required for that education.

And I've already got my payback with grades in the high nineties.

This smart, sensible, well-grounded Thai girl will have a bright future.

No need to prove anything with sinsod.

awesome! where can i find a young girl with good open heart? not corrupted with age and can put her through studies? how did you find your girl? 

Sinsod is still observed by many all over the country. I haven't paid any and I actually made it clear at the beginning that I DO NOT observe and care for traditions that require large amount of money to change hands. The family accepted my decision and never had a problem with it. In fact, I seemed to have gained more respect.

But nevertheless, most lower-class locals still observe this custom. It is indeed true, that if the guy doesn't pay the right amount, the wedding will fall through.

On 2/23/2020 at 3:00 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think all white women are bad. I have white female friends- I just wouldn't marry one. PC is so ingrained into western culture that they don't even realise how PC they are. I even thought PC was normal till I discovered Thailand. No wonder I fell in love with it and the women.

I don't think ALL white women are bad either ......... just the ones we marry.

It all starts going wrong after you bang em.

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I got married for the frequent sex and a 1 year VISA extension.

An honest husband. 🙂

• Haha 1

My sweetheart was 23. 444,444 baht (in 1991) paid off the parents' house & debts. I also bought her a mooban house but refused a car in BK. Still happily married 30 years later.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2020 at 2:44 AM, BritManToo said:

I don't think ALL white women are bad either ......... just the ones we marry.

It all starts going wrong after you bang em.

I did realise that very early on in life and I never attempted to bang any woman I wanted to be friends with. IMO it's impossible to go back from being lovers to being friends. That doesn't apply to friends one would like to marry. IMO one should never marry a woman one isn't a friend with first. Love never lasts, but friendship does.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 2:48 AM, BritManToo said:

I got married for the frequent sex and a 1 year VISA extension.

Marriage and frequent sex don't often go together, no matter how much we men wish it did.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO one should never marry a woman one isn't a friend with first. Love never lasts, but friendship does.

I've got no interest in a woman I ain't banging.

• Like 2

Before you marry wife number one tell her you want more wives later on.  🤨  See what the reaction is.  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Paid 33k, and it was frowned on at first. But accepted a day or two later,  and the mom kept it. I didn't care. She was never married,but had two children before, so she really wasn't due anything. It's supposed to go back to the couple after the ceremony. It's just a show of responsibility for their daughter. Those who keep it are in it for greed. Her mom asked for us to get married again when we moved into the house that I built here for us, but I said no. She responded by divorce. I said I don't care, it's your mom's extortion. That went away anyway. All women want to be taken care of, except the most liberal, and it's a man's job to take care of the family ,with help from his wife.

Edited by fredwiggy
add

On 4/16/2020 at 10:54 AM, BritManToo said:

I've got no interest in a woman I ain't banging.

You may change your mind on that if you have a prostatectomy, and we don't get to choose if we have cancer or not.

On 4/16/2020 at 12:56 PM, fredwiggy said:

All women want to be taken care of, except the most liberal, and it's a man's job to take care of the family ,with help from his wife.

Doesn't apply in LOS.

It's a daughter's job to take care of her family, while the sons get to <deleted> and drink. Some time ago Thai women realised that if they married a farang he would support the family for her, while she got to watch Thai soaps, gossip and and paint her nails. All she had to do in exchange was put up with a bit of horizontal folk dancing now and then.

They ain't stupid.

All women want to be taken care of

Seems western men are waking up and smelling the coffee. Marriages in are at a low level compared to the past.

https://www.healthymarriageinfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Marriage-Trends-in-Western.pdf

From 1970 to the present, countries in all three Euro-pean regions have seen decreases in marriage rates, and significant increases in divorce, cohabitation, and non-marital birth rates.

• Like 1